Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Helpful tools for both longarm and standard machine quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/helpful-tools-both-longarm-standard-machine-quilting-t161849.html)

patty04 10-21-2011 05:50 AM

Thanks for sharing

sandpat 10-21-2011 05:59 AM

Oh...these are great tips! Thanks for sharing!

grocifer 10-21-2011 06:09 AM

Did anyone recently see the post that showed a clear plastic tool that would be helpful for quilting around a applique piece or pieces of a block? It had different angles, etc.to accommodate different maneuvers. I'm not sure if it was only for LA quilting or if I could use it with my domestic machine. I made a note that it was from handiquilter.com but can't find it. That will teach me to stop and investigate the site immediately and not leave it til the next day (probably looking at the wrong note -- just got back from 3 day quilt retreat and it is daunting to try to catch up on all the Quilt Board backlog). Today have checked and rechecked all the old posts and can't find it anyplace. Thanks...........

debcavan 10-21-2011 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by grocifer
Did anyone recently see the post that showed a clear plastic tool that would be helpful for quilting around a applique piece or pieces of a block? It had different angles, etc.to accommodate different maneuvers. I'm not sure if it was only for LA quilting or if I could use it with my domestic machine. I made a note that it was from handiquilter.com but can't find it. That will teach me to stop and investigate the site immediately and not leave it til the next day (probably looking at the wrong note -- just got back from 3 day quilt retreat and it is daunting to try to catch up on all the Quilt Board backlog). Today have checked and rechecked all the old posts and can't find it anyplace. Thanks...........

There is one by DeLoa that is palm sized and has a smooth rounded edge on the bottom so the tool does not catch other applique pieces. Jamie Wallen recommends it on his site. I have it and it even fits my very small hand.

nancylouie 10-21-2011 06:46 AM

The eyebrow razor is the BEST!!!! I found them at a dollar store and you get 2/$1.00. I am not sure what dollar store.

grocifer 10-21-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks debcavan -- that isn't the tool I saw but I will explore it further. I need all the help I can get when free motioning on my Viking 1+ --

jgriinke 10-21-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks for sharing those ideas.

writerwomen 10-21-2011 04:58 PM

Have you tried the generic Mr Clean eraser sponges like from the Dollar Tree to remove chalk and pencil. I havent tried a write pencil like that but have used it o other color pencil shadin when I get it too dark

azam 10-22-2011 05:24 PM

Great ideas, thanks :!:

writerwomen 10-22-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
Have you tried the generic Mr Clean eraser sponges like from the Dollar Tree to remove chalk and pencil. I havent tried a write pencil like that but have used it o other color pencil shadin when I get it too dark

Add on note- use the eraser dry