Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   this is how I make my ties quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/how-i-make-my-ties-quilt-t242379.html)

Geri B 03-03-2014 03:16 PM

Thanks. Question: when you iron the interfacing to the tie...do you cut it the shape of the tie ..actually a bit shy, before ironing it on so it doesn't also get melted to the iron board cover? Darn it I was at Joann today and they had fusible interfacing on sale 50% off and I looked but couldn't remember what I would do with...not going back 25 miles on way....

huntannette 03-03-2014 03:40 PM

yes I do , usually I cut it just a tiny bit smaller.....I do trim the ties after I put the interfacing so it works fine....

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 6607409)
Thanks. Question: when you iron the interfacing to the tie...do you cut it the shape of the tie ..actually a bit shy, before ironing it on so it doesn't also get melted to the iron board cover? Darn it I was at Joann today and they had fusible interfacing on sale 50% off and I looked but couldn't remember what I would do with...not going back 25 miles on way....

JanieH 03-03-2014 05:38 PM

How do you wash the ties?

And thank you so much for the tutorial

Oops - just read the update on the other thread you had yesterday and saw the answer to my question - Thank you!

Auntie Em 03-03-2014 05:51 PM

Really like this method....looks so neat!!!

AnnT 03-04-2014 05:21 AM

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

callen 03-04-2014 05:43 AM

WOW Ha, that is awesome. Love those blocks - they just jump out at you (in a beautiful way). Tks for the tute.
C

huntannette 03-04-2014 10:14 AM

hi C....thanks....I have been collecting ties for ages, it is time I do something with them....actually when I started collecting them my idea was to make valances for the windows in my cottage....since then we`ve sold our cottage to my daughter and SIL but she wants to do it too as soon as thy are done expanding the cottage.....but I still have plenty to make a couple quilts.....

Originally Posted by callen (Post 6608253)
WOW Ha, that is awesome. Love those blocks - they just jump out at you (in a beautiful way). Tks for the tute.
C

binkister 03-04-2014 06:42 PM

These are really awesome , as are the quilts you make that I saw on this site before. I had sent you a private message about the one you made for your mother in the hospital, as to what pattern it was and what size were the blocks or pieces in it . It was beautiful. thanks myra

huntannette 03-04-2014 06:59 PM

thank you Myra....did I answer you? I don`t remember the note or answering you....

Originally Posted by binkister (Post 6609521)
These are really awesome , as are the quilts you make that I saw on this site before. I had sent you a private message about the one you made for your mother in the hospital, as to what pattern it was and what size were the blocks or pieces in it . It was beautiful. thanks myra

binkister 03-05-2014 07:13 AM

Hi, no you didn't answer me as of yet, thanks
myra