Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Let's Make My NO-Match Pineapple Blocks!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/lets-make-my-no-match-pineapple-blocks-t73955.html)

n2scraplvr 11-04-2010 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D :D ;)[/quote]

I can't wait to see "Susie's Block"! Thanks.
:-D :-D :-D :-D[/quote]

OK!!! Here it comes "Susie's Block" with 1.5" wide strips all done with white center square and red background!!!

:D :D :D :D :lol: 8-) :roll: :roll:

Susie's Block ~~ notice any fabrics?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119311[/ATTACH]

susiequilt 11-04-2010 09:22 PM

That's great. I do recognize some of those fabrics.
I'm not sure whether I like the red or white better.

How big did the block end up?

n2scraplvr 11-05-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
That's great. I do recognize some of those fabrics.
I'm not sure whether I like the red or white better.

How big did the block end up?

9.25" it turns out to be! I like the 1st way better. You have to be experienced to do that opposite version. I found it difficult dealing with that bold red background. The scraps would have to be all dark for anything to show up or all light colored and I don't like that idea either. Trying to pull off my framed look with that red background may be a little tricky. But there are some people who would just love it. It sure appears larger than it is. That could be the background color doing that! Of course, the larger the block, the longer it takes, but it covers more area faster so fewer blocks are needed. Think I'll stick to the orignal plan.

:-D :-D :-D ;)

Matilda 11-05-2010 08:03 PM

Thank you!! I like it. Great way to use up scraps.

susiequilt 11-06-2010 10:15 AM

I decided I like the white better. Thanks for the size.

n2scraplvr 11-06-2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Matilda
Thank you!! I like it. Great way to use up scraps.

Thank you, Matilda!! It's a great block for using up all those little pieces too!

:-D :-D :wink: :wink:

n2scraplvr 11-06-2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
I decided I like the white better. Thanks for the size.

Your welcome!! I'm with you! I like the white better too and like using lots of medium color prints!

;) :D 8-) 8-) :!: ;) ;)

MomtoBostonTerriers 11-07-2010 01:09 PM

n2scraplvr,

I went to the Houston Quilt Show this week-end. I saw a book about making "easy pineapple blocks." Then, I thought, "n2scraplvr made an easy-to-follow lesson for us on this very subject. And -- whee!--it's free!" So, thanks for saving me $26.99. More money to spend on fabric.

Tutorials: the gift that keeps on giving.

n2scraplvr 11-07-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
n2scraplvr,

I went to the Houston Quilt Show this week-end. I saw a book about making "easy pineapple blocks." Then, I thought, "n2scraplvr made an easy-to-follow lesson for us on this very subject. And -- whee!--it's free!" So, thanks for saving me $26.99. More money to spend on fabric.

Tutorials: the gift that keeps on giving.

Yay!! And I'll bet that book can't top my "easy-to-make in 3 easy steps my sew-measure-cut-all-at-once blocks in 23 minutes or less complete with wonky corners that come automatically while giving it an overall appearance of matchy-looking blocks!" That's a tall order to fill! Whew! That was a mouthful! But a great title for my next book!! haha. Hope the show was great, the BD great, and you got lots of goodies from the monies you were saved by reading my t@@t!!@@!!! We're looking to see some eye candy from you soon!!happy quilting! n2 8-) :wink: :wink: :roll: :lol: :wink: :-D :-D :-D

GrandmaJeanne 11-09-2010 10:21 AM

Thanks for the tut, wanted to make a pineapple block the easiest way. I've found it with your tut. Next on my list to use up those scraps of mine. You make it look so e-a-s-y