Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Really Easy Half Square Triangle Blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/really-easy-half-square-triangle-blocks-t37915.html)

Rhonda 03-30-2010 04:23 PM

I tend to be a creature of habit and don't stray far from what I am used to. I have looked at them but haven't tried one yet. I might have to get one and try it.

I used to do everything by hand and was very nervous of having to do all on the machine when I started selling 12 years ago. I decided to buy a rotary cutter and wasn't sure I wanted to use one as I felt by hand was more accurate. But I tried it and after a while I wouldn't do it any other way. So it would probably be the same with this smaller one too. I might like it more than I think. I dont' like the cutters that are the kind you press the handle down to engage the blade. I started with a Fiskars and I can't stand any thing else. I tried my friend's cutter the kind I described above and I wouldn't want one.

I think those are an Olfa brand maybe? I'll stay with my Fiskars!

MadQuilter 04-01-2010 03:35 PM

Thanks for the answer. I'll have to give this a try. ...somewhere I have one of those baby wheels.

Rhonda 04-01-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Thanks for the answer. I'll have to give this a try. ...somewhere I have one of those baby wheels.

Your welcome Mad. You will have to let me know if you like it. I realize that everyone has their own way of doing things and I am a creature of habit so I am not offended if someone doesn't prefer my shortcuts. If it works for you fine and if it doesn't that's fine too! I took a class one time so I could get the designs used in the sampler quilt. But I didn't use her templates I came home and used my shortcuts to make the blocks. I didn't have much patience with using a differant template for each piece when I could do it my way easier.

Each to their own. I firmly believe in live and let live as you know Mad!

ctack2 04-09-2010 12:49 PM

Rhonda
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to do that! Thinking inside my own box...lol. I will look at directions for something and say to myself 'wouldn't it be easier to....' then I convince myself that the person writing the directions is the 'expert' and would be doing things the right way and I'm just being silly thinking of different ways.
I once got a 50% on a pharmceutical test in LPN school because I had all the right answers but hadn't figured them out the way the instructors had showed us....MY way was much easier, but they didn't care! lol
Have a great day!
Carol B

peterparley 04-09-2010 04:43 PM

Hi Rhonda, thank you for the templates I received them yesterday.. You re sweet to do this. Thanks again,Regards, Peterparley

Rhonda 04-09-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by peterparley
Hi Rhonda, thank you for the templates I received them yesterday.. You re sweet to do this. Thanks again,Regards, Peterparley

You're so welcome!! Hope you enjoy using them!!

MadQuilter 04-11-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I am a creature of habit

Me too. I just did some HSTs the other day and what method did I use? Old tried and true drawing the line down the middle. Slap self on forehead! lol

Rhonda 04-11-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I am a creature of habit

Me too. I just did some HSTs the other day and what method did I use? Old tried and true drawing the line down the middle. Slap self on forehead! lol

They call it muscle memory Mad!!(no not the brain muscle!)
You do what you have trained yourself to do and your muscles remember the steps and do them automatically!! LOL

So retrain your brain and your muscles!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup:

brookemarie19 04-13-2010 04:35 PM

This is a great tute... wish I had looked at this yesturday BEFORE i cut 132 triangles to make hst for the quilt I'm working on. Guess that just means I should spend even more time on this board LOL

craftybear 04-17-2010 05:08 PM

Thanks for the tutorials!