Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-fast-jelly-roll-quilt-t44258.html)

MimiLinda 02-16-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by omak
The results of our Project Linus at the Post today. Five machine operators, five quilts in less than four hours - - some have a 3.5" border all the way around (the others got theirs later)

Beautiful!

AngieS 02-16-2011 01:40 PM

Mine was a bomb! Don't know how I did it but it looks like pooh! LOL I'll have to show you a picture for you to believe what I've done! I've got basically 2 colors on 2/3's of the quilt and the other colors on the other section! :(

kso 02-16-2011 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a crib size-SF jelly roll-rag quilt that I helped a friend make. She knew how to sew, but had never quilted and needed to get this done ASAP. There was no time to teach her any fine points of quilting. I had her SID with a walking foot and rag the edges.

Oh, and that is her newborn GS, Hunter.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]154566[/ATTACH]

It'sAboutTimeMamaw 02-16-2011 02:11 PM

Too cute, I'll love blanket and baby

Originally Posted by kso
Here is a crib size-SF jelly roll-rag quilt that I helped a friend make. She knew how to sew, but had never quilted and needed to get this done ASAP. There was no time to teach her any fine points of quilting. I had her SID with a walking foot and rag the edges.

AngieS 02-16-2011 02:32 PM

Both are adorable!!

Rabbit 02-16-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by darlin121
DON'T CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!!
A few months ago Tuesday Mornings had some really cheap jelly rolls for sale. I bought one and later discovered that there were 40 strips in it BUT they had many multiples of the SAME FABRIC! So there I sat with this awful jellyroll and along comes this tute. So throwing caution to the wind and KNOWING that same colors were going to touch and crowd together I made this jelly roll top. I used 2X2 1/2 inch white 'spacers' to separate each strip during the first sew together. After that I just let chance take its turn. This is what resulted. Since its going to be used as my granddaughters drag around quilt I thought it didn't turn out too badly.

I love the spacer idea.
Chris

omak 02-16-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by AngieS
Mine was a bomb! Don't know how I did it but it looks like pooh! LOL I'll have to show you a picture for you to believe what I've done! I've got basically 2 colors on 2/3's of the quilt and the other colors on the other section! :(

We will be looking forward to it. <wave>

djvaug 02-18-2011 07:00 PM

I love this idea!

Jenni M 02-18-2011 07:01 PM

Made this a week or two ago and found the perfect fabric to use for the backing! I'l post a pic when it is complete. Thanks for the tute!

cherrio 02-20-2011 04:04 PM

I made this this afternoon! love this . . . thanks so much. I bought the jelly roll a few weeks ago not knowing quite what I was going to do with it.