Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-fast-jelly-roll-quilt-t44258.html)

burnsk 09-06-2011 09:13 PM

giapet - love your fabrics. That's going to be beautiful. I love those colors. Be sure to post pics.

Halfsquare 09-07-2011 03:57 PM

I have been seeing jelly rolls around but don't know what to do with them. I LOVE this and I would not want to have to cut all those strips. So - there you go. I'm going to try it for a table runner first.

Nancylou 09-10-2011 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
Ok, tried this.
I still have to add on the borders, but it was super fast! :wink:

I may try another with shorter strips next time to get a more "scrappier" look.
Do you think it would work?

Very pretty!! Did you organize your strips by color or randomly? I have been looking for a pattern like this. I have the fabrics but didn't know how to go about it. I think I will not have that may different fabrics. Is there a size chart out there to make different sizes? Haven't read all the posts....maybe some one has answered my questions already.

fromthenestdesigns 09-10-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nancylou

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
Ok, tried this.
I still have to add on the borders, but it was super fast! :wink:

I may try another with shorter strips next time to get a more "scrappier" look.
Do you think it would work?

Very pretty!! Did you organize your strips by color or randomly? I have been looking for a pattern like this. I have the fabrics but didn't know how to go about it. I think I will not have that may different fabrics. Is there a size chart out there to make different sizes? Haven't read all the posts....maybe some one has answered my questions already.

Go ahead and read through all the posts. (it might take you a while) There is one of them where I explained the math to figure out how many strips and inches you will need for a particular size quilt.
For example:
If you have 25 strips of 40" long you have
1000 " by 2" (I count the finished size because it's easier)
fold once: 500" by 4"
fold again: 250" by 8"
fold again: 125" by 16"
fold again: 62.5" by 32"
Add borders you want and you have a quilt.
Or:
20 strips of 40" gives you 800" (or scraps totallying 800")
fold once: 400" by 4"
fold again: 200" by 8"
fold again: 100" by 16"
fold again: 50" by 32"
Add borders to make a nice throw or baby quilt.
You get the picture.
Good luck!
Robin

wuv2quilt 09-10-2011 09:24 AM

How cool is that!!!!!

BuzzinBumble 09-16-2011 04:50 PM

That looks like a realy fun way to do a quick quilt! It came out really cute too. Thanks for sharing.

polejumper21 09-26-2011 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is mine..some same colors touching , I would be more careful on the next one..but I still like this one. Not sure how to quilt it yet..

chrissyort 09-26-2011 04:50 PM

I love this idea!!

Nanaquilts44 09-26-2011 05:00 PM

Thank you. You did a great job explaining this.

fromthenestdesigns 09-26-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by polejumper21
here is mine..some same colors touching , I would be more careful on the next one..but I still like this one. Not sure how to quilt it yet..

It is beautiful! I wouldn't stress about colors touching. Believe me, no matter how much you try and plan, some colors always touch. Just go with the flow! You did a great job. Wait until the borders go on and it gets quilted. It will look FABULOUS !