Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Block shortcut method >
  • Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Block shortcut method

• Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Block shortcut method

Old 09-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Oh thanks so much!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:13 PM

I have always been soooo intimidated by sewing anything with curves, this really makes it seem less imposable, I want to thank you!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by coralee
    I have always been soooo intimidated by sewing anything with curves, this really makes it seem less imposable, I want to thank you!!!
    I don't do curves!! LOL LOL This is as close to curves as I get. My Star Point Block and my Wings Block give the illusion of curves which I love but curves intimidate me. I tried doing the drunkard's path the traditional way and it is just not for me.
    Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 PM

thank you. Can I please see a whole quilt with the drunkard's path. After you make the blocks, how are they sewn together?
    Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by LogCabinLady
    thank you. Can I please see a whole quilt with the drunkard's path. After you make the blocks, how are they sewn together?
    I posted a Quilt block in my Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along week 7. After you make the block(my shortcut) then you just sew it to the next block like you would a plain square. I show the layout of the Quilt Block so you can see how to turn each block to get that look for that quilt block.

So make the blocks. Choose a Quilt Block that uses Drunkard's Path blocks. Lay your blocks out in the rows in the direction needed for that design. Then sew the blocks together into rows and rows together into the quilt block. Simple.

Here is the link for Week 7
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-63272-1.htm
    Old 09-08-2010, 01:41 AM
    Banned

I am bookmarking all these pages, so I can start doing your blocks. thank you and God bless.
    Old 09-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Hi< I use an even quicker and easier way to make a Drunkards Path. I draw a circle on a used dryer sheet with a plastic lid or something, whatever seize you want to make it . Don't cut the circle out yet . Place the dryer sheet on a piece of fabric on the right side, sew on the circle line all around . trim close to stitching, make a slit in the dryer sheet center and turn.Press .Place center of circle in center of a square ( 8 or 10 inches?)I find the center by folding square and circle into four and stick a pin in to match centers. Sew all around circle.(buttohole stitch) than cut horizontal and vertical through center and you have 4 pieces to make different patterns.
    See website of Mary Lou Weidman .Have fun! Bobby
    Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 AM

Woooo!
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Yep, I agree that the easier way to do this is fold your fabric in quarters and fold your flat yoyo (circle) in quarters. Then all you have to do is center the flat yoyo (circle) folding lines on the fabric folding lines and it will be center every time. No need for two rulers for centering, no need for even one ruler. So either way to make the Drunkard's Path Block Rhonda's or Bobby's can be done like this. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Bobby
    Hi< I use an even quicker and easier way to make a Drunkards Path. I draw a circle on a used dryer sheet with a plastic lid or something, whatever seize you want to make it . Don't cut the circle out yet . Place the dryer sheet on a piece of fabric on the right side, sew on the circle line all around . trim close to stitching, make a slit in the dryer sheet center and turn.Press .Place center of circle in center of a square ( 8 or 10 inches?)I find the center by folding square and circle into four and stick a pin in to match centers. Sew all around circle.(buttohole stitch) than cut horizontal and vertical through center and you have 4 pieces to make different patterns.
    See website of Mary Lou Weidman .Have fun! Bobby
    Old 02-27-2011, 05:39 PM

Thanks a bunch! I am learning on my own and this looks Like I can actually be able to make a DP block. Will try tomorrow!!