Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! >
  • Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

• Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:19 AM

Smile

So I just thought I would stop by this site and see what you are all up to....I noticed in my email that there were problems with the patterns again.....so pisses me off when I buy fabric and follow the pattern given and it is messed up so I waste fabric.....which isn't cheep anymore by the way....any ways....I so stopped even printing the patterns and I am just choosing my own blocks and making my own just takes two....works out much better ) good luck to you all ..... for those of you that get the patterns to turn out love your blocks that you post they are just beautiful )!!!!
    Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 AM

I am printing the patterns but am waiting a few days after they are posted. Actually making the blocks and the quilt are a future project.
    Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Dori, I'm so with you on this one! I don't download the patterns anymore, noticed there are mistakes again so I don't bother anymore. Will make my own one day just like you but for now I lost all interest in this quilt.
    Old 05-21-2012, 01:30 PM

Hello all .. haven't been to this thread in a while. Basically I too got pretty fed up with the problems with the blocks. I HAVE NOT given up though. I've continued to download the patterns (usually a full week - 10 days after published!), and will make the quilt some day. Just not now.

Will certainly continue to check back though and if I'm in-between projects (my plate is full at the moment) I might jump in and make whatever block happens to be "current" at the moment.

Good luck everyone - the blocks are looking terrific despite the authors attempts at making us mess them up

Sue
    Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM

This is so beautiful. You did an awesome job! I've been working on them too but I'm behind. I'm doing the reds in different red prints. I'm mainly doing it because I'm learning different techniques and pushing myself. I too get frustrated because they have mistakes in their patterns. Very aggravating.
    Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 AM

I have still been downloading the patterns but I got totally distracted with another project and haven't made any new blocks since I joined the first quarter together. I still want to carry on once I get caught up... but is it just me or is one of the blocks in the most recent set a swastika? I'm sure it's probably some traditional pre-nazi quilt pattern but this is one I will definitely be substituting. Once you see it in the pattern you can't 'un-see' it!
    Old 06-04-2012, 01:04 AM

Victoria, now you've said that I see it too! I wasn't going to continue with this quilt anyway. I still have no idea what to do with the blocks I did already, maybe I will make a wallhanging.
    Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM

I've fallen way behind in my blocks for JT2. The compass block in the March 15th set did me in. I've redrafted the pattern so some of it is paper pieced so hopefully it will go together easier. Since that block has been such a struggle, this week I decided to give up trying to do the blocks in order. I am after all 19 blocks behind with the release of the blocks last Friday. I've knocked out the simple blocks -- flying geese -- used the QIAD ruler, Dove at the Window - used my Easy Angle ruler to make the HST units and three sets of checkerboard. I even managed to get the applique block from 4/1 done. -- I used a combination of freezer paper, glue stick and machine stitching to knock it out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]340425[/ATTACH] Only 12 more blocks to go before the next group -- I may be playing catch up for a couple of months. I've got a birthday quilt to get done.
    Attached Thumbnails jt2_0606.jpg  
    Old 06-08-2012, 07:02 AM

Your blocks are beautiful, knitnoid. I, too, have fallen way behind on this BOM. I have kept the others current but really need to get back to this one. I got discouraged a couple months ago and just quit. That's really not like me so maybe I can get back at it. Other things were also getting in the way and they have calmed down again, also.
    Old 09-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Is anyone still working on this quilt? Last week I was off from work and spent the whole week either quilting or reading. My main focus was trying to catch up on the JT2 blocks. I think at this point I'm only 18 blocks behind.