Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 09-23-2024, 03:09 PM

Heather, that bee incident sounds horrible! If that had happened to me, I'd probably get rid of any bee-themed fabric I owned to avoid reliving the nightmare.
    Candies went in the mail today. I am recovering from a really long bike-riding weekend by walking to the post office (about all I'm capable of today) then ordering fabric I don't need from Missouri Star. Boyfriend is not helpful. When I ask him whether I should buy the fabric or am I crazy, he just says "you're crazy anyway so might as well buy it." He suggested today I join Fabric Petters Anonymous. Thinks he's funny.
    Old 09-24-2024, 05:59 AM

I got mine out yesterday too. I hope they arrive quickly! Tomorrow is 2.5" day; I'm hoping to find a good pattern to post for everyone. Hugs all!
    Old 09-24-2024, 12:20 PM

My October candies are in the mail!
    Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
    Power Poster

My email acct was hacked and I'm in the process of trying to fix it. If anyone gets a strange email from me, it's a scam.
    Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

I sent my candies on their way.
    Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

October birthday quilters, I mailed your envelopes earlier this week. Your candies should arrive early next week. Happy Birthday!
    Old Today, 04:29 AM

Birthday envelopes are due in the mailbox later this morning. Grand to have so many of you making your treks to the mailbox so quickly. Three cheers for you! and for the Birthday Swappers too.

Take care all of you in the storm path, we have about 5 or 6 in it's path. It looks seriously large and dangerous. Let us know that all is well when you can be it wind or water that is pounding on you front door.

Michigan got its dose of refreshing rain earlier this week and we have green grass again. Temps are hovering around mid-70's with cool nights and that sounds just about perfect in my estimation.
    Old Today, 06:54 AM

We’re on the northern end of Helene in WNC. It’s been an adventure already. Mind you, one I could have lived without. Hope everyone stays safe.
    Old Today, 07:02 AM

Good morning everyone!!!! I want to pass on a free daily QAL starting October 1st, 2024. It will use up 520+ 2.5” scrappy squares. Plus other fabric yardage. Sound interesting yet. Well the catch is you need to be a member of the nine patch a day on Facebook. It’s a free private quilt site on Facebook. And you need to be approved. But I figure if I can be a member, lots of quilter’s can. She did a video on Facebook, explaining her 2 blocks and different ways to Layout the blocks. Looks like a great way to use up candy blocks and great gift or charity quilt. If I member correctly she’s doing a twin size. But if you add more block you could make them larger. Jelly rolls works well too.

I will be mailing out my BD candy packets tomorrow. Mailman already came by today.

I’m still working on my traffic jam top. I got side track with quilting tops for friends and a mystery QAL from Jerry Stube from quilter’s quarters. So that keeping me busy, plus looking for more patterns to copy and make later.

I hope everyone stays safe and have a great day. I have 70’s, sunny and street construction for the next few weeks.
    Old Today, 07:46 AM

Happy Lab I am already in the group but have not received any information about the Quilt-a-long. Rats. I went to the site and it looks like they are using triangle papers and two colors. Can you post a link to the video you referred to? That would help save time stumbling around FB and the 9-patch a day site. Some times I just admit to being lazy.

By the way, I joined the above group this summer. Took about 2 minutes to be approved. Bet they were only checking to see if I was a real person and not a robot.