Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
(snip)I will figure it out by the time I need it.
LOL at this sentence! It's pretty much my philosophy on life!
Old 08-11-2024, 03:37 PM

We used to watch scarry movies shown on Friday night. Best loved were the Vincent Price movies like House on Haunted Hill and Pit and the Pendulum. I never got into the horror movies that started popping up in the late 60's like Chainsaw Massacre, way too far out for me. Looking forward to the Halloween fabric to play with.

Great idea for X type blocks, that's going to make a beautiful quilt.
Old 08-11-2024, 04:38 PM

Bazinga!! How fun! I'm up for the X challenge, too, Rebaquilts. Range of blues in one block alright?

LOVE Vincent Price movies!!

Annaquilts, the movies are really campy now but I envy that you get to see them for the first time. Lots of clips on youtube to get you in the mood. Try "The Wolfman", with Lon Cheney, for clips of gypsy curses and wolfman transformations. Get a big old bowl of popcorn when you do get around to watching....
Old 08-12-2024, 03:58 AM

Hi again all, so for the x blues, I will say controlled scrappy, medium blues, avoid teal. She picked out a cornflower blue, I would think a range of medium denim blues would be good as well. That way it’s two color and yet still scrappy. I looked in my stash and I have probably 8 blues that would work with the cornflower. So it should be ok plus I’m putting a 6.5” swatch and another little swatch feel free to use those as well. And I’m loving the horror vintage discussion, gimme the daisy van and wcooby snacks :-) hugs!
Old 08-12-2024, 03:59 AM

Scooby! Hate autocorrect LOL
Old 08-12-2024, 06:03 AM

Good morning. Just back from my 4.5 mile walk. Phew. I’m really getting in the swing of walking, especially in the cooler temps like today.

Our first package of F8’s should arrive today. Yay for SBG starting us off.

Love the scary movie comments! I’ve got a small collection of them that we watch now and then at the cabin.

Important Reminders! F8s should be a minimum of 10.5 X 18 inches, no smaller in either dimension. Larger either way works of course. Also, finished blocks remain the choice of the maker. If you make any requests for certain blocks, you may not get what you are looking for. This is, and always has been, the way the swap has worked.

The grands are coming over shortly for the day. Looking forward to a great time.
Old 08-12-2024, 06:29 AM

Oh my the monster mash song keeps playing over and over in my mind now. We watch the old monster movies but not any of the horror ones they have now. Should be fun to work with Ibex’s fabric.

TG do you have power yet?

Love the squirrel quilt.

We had a squirrel that was driving us crazy. He would climb up on the deck and try to get at our bird feeders. When hubby added a slinky to the base of the feeder he was so angry. He would face us and just chatter away letting us know he wasn’t happy. Pretty humerous. He finally gave up and must have found easier picking elsewhere

My package is ready to go but I am leaving shortly for a 3 day car camping adventure. Weather forecast is for no rain today and tomorrow hoping they are right for a change. Will mail package Thursday.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Tell us more about the slinky remedy, Terri.... I have squirrels in my Memphis backyard that eat all the food in the birdfeeder. Would love to know how to use a slinky to help.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:33 AM

I had to look it up - according to https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-kee...eeders-8646434
Put a Slinky on the Pole
While this may seem silly when you're at the toy store buying a slinky for the first time in decades, it's actually a great way to create an inexpensive barrier to squirrel entry. Put a slinky just below your bird feeder so that squirrels will hit it right before they get to the feeder. The slinky will slide back down the pole, giving the squirrel a nice elevator ride to the ground.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:37 AM

I am really bummed. I got my fat 1/8th I ordered and love the color scheme but did not realize they all have animals on them. Just going to go with them. Packaging my baggies now and will take to post office today. Hopefully the delivery goes better than the birthday candies swap.

I have decided against my Grow fabric because I am nutty about direction so in to my sewing room I go to find a fabric. Wish me luck!