Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • Pacific Northwest Meet and Greet >
  • Pacific Northwest Meet and Greet

• Pacific Northwest Meet and Greet

Old 03-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Mark your calendars for April 23, 2011. I’ve chatted with a lot of folks on the board about a meet and greet in our area and finally the time has come. Any one is invited especially Washington and Oregon if you can make. Do I hear any of you saying “Road Trip?”

My LQS owner has graciously agreed to let us meet at her store, Keepsake Cottage Fabric. This is located in the Country Village in Bothell Washington. This is right off of I-405. (Suggest to use Map Quest for directions). The complex, Country Village, has many wonderful shops including antiques for shopping and a coffee shop and restaurant.

This is not very structured, but the “plan” is to meet at the quilt store, meet, greet and shop. There is no firm time frame but after meeting, and shopping of course. There is a great coffee shop in the complex we can go to sit and chat or the restaurant, or go off on your own to explore.

Date: April 23rd 2011 - Saturday

Time: 11:00 AM until ???????

Place: Keepsake Cottage Fabrics - Country Village

818 238th St

Bothell, WA 98021

Store phone #: 425-486-3483

Please where a name tag with “Quilting Board”, your screen name and your first name. Nothing fancy. Mine will probably a 3 x 5 index card pinned to my shirt.

I would like to get an approximate head count. If this is something you might be interested in, please respond to the topic or pm me. Any questions, pm me also.

Please remember this is not a formal event just a chance to meet others from this wonderful board. If folks like this, we can plan something later in the year.
    Old 03-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Oh, what fun. And the timing is perfect. I will get back to Sequim around the 10th, have a couple of weeks to get settled in, and then get to go to a fun function. Timing is perfect. Count me in.
    Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 AM

I'm going to try and make it that Saturday. That's a great village of shops and I usually try to go there a couple times a year even tho it's about an hour drive for me.
    Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM

See you there. Spread the news to others you know on the board in the area. Thanks

Colleen aka lovequilts
    Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 AM

I clicked my heels but nothing happened. Wish I was in Washington. Lived there for 12 yrs!
    Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 PM

I will definitely try to make this.
    Old 03-09-2011, 03:59 PM

I would love to go but it is to far for me to drive. If there is someond from this area going I would like to share a ride e-mail me at [email protected] if your intrested in sharing a ride. I am unable to drive at this time due to medical problems and the meds I am taking.
    Thanks
    Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
    I would love to go but it is to far for me to drive. If there is someond from this area going I would like to share a ride e-mail me at [email protected] if your intrested in sharing a ride. I am unable to drive at this time due to medical problems and the meds I am taking.
    Thanks
    Pattyjo. What area are you in so others who see this posting may be able to give you a ride.
    Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM

OH How I wish I could be there with all of you - I lived in Bothell,WA for over 11 years!!! I just loved to go to the Country Village for an afternoon excursion!! And the Keepsake Quilt shop is GREAT!!! Not too big, but has a lot of good things,nice fabrics, and quilting tools in there!!! I am sure that you all will enjoy it. There are a lot of neat little shops, a couple of nice little coffee/tea shops and some good food too!! I will be there in spirit anyway!!
    Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
    Originally Posted by Pattyjo7686
    Thanks
    Pattyjo. What area are you in so others who see this posting may be able to give you a ride.
    I am in Lafayette OR zip 97127 for map quest on HWY 99 W this is between McMinnville and Newberg