Another Kenmore: Model 47

Old 03-16-2015, 06:42 AM

I don't really like "pink" but this looks more like a dusty rose. I could probably tolerate this one - I like the looks of the rest of it! It really does look perfect!

I like that nose decal too!

I don't have any 'dashboard' machines, yet. I've been waiting for one to fall into my lap but still waiting so far. I know if I go looking I won't find the "right" one, so I will be patient!
Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 AM

I hope you won't need to go to the hospital when one falls into your lap.

Pink is not my favorite color either but oddly enough, I have 5 or 6 pink machines. And I agree, this is more of a dusty pink/mauve color. I actually think it looks cool but I prefer the design and colors of my Model 48:

Old 03-16-2015, 12:48 PM

I had to flip back to page 1 to see the differences! Is the 48 not the same color? It looks very similar but hard to tell in photos. (Like the infamous dress that broke the internet with the whole, "blue and black, or gold and white" controversy...of course I saw periwinkle and grey so what does THAT mean? LOL)

If the one that "falls into my lap" is cool enough, I just might end up in the hospital from too much excitement! ;-)

I'm hoping to find a blue Wizard 'dashboard' machine for a reasonable price. Not because I know anything at all about them, but just because I saw one that looked awesome (but beat and overpriced) and I love the name. Obviously all the most important criteria are being considered here!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:06 PM

Yeah, that picture is misleading -- the lighting is bad for sewing machines. That one is gray and cream rather than pink. There are some other differences such as the crown/lucite detail on the front and the metal nameplate below the length dial.

Wizard machines are Brother re-badges. I have a Brother 210 that is identical to a Wizard zig-zag model (can't remember which one). I'm guessing you'd be able to find a Brother (that has a Wizard clone) easier than a Wizard, but 'Brother' is so ... mundane and common (writes the Kenmore collector, hehe).
Old 03-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Really pretty!!
Old 03-16-2015, 01:53 PM

I have a Kenmore 158.18023 found it at a estate sale. after looking in all the different piles of stuff in the yard I found case with all the feet attachments and the disks in one pile and placed it with the machine and the found the button hole part in another pile before biding started. Got it for $100, wish I had gotten the other heavy duty machine in a table. This is my go to machine I LOVE IT.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 PM

The 1802 series of machines are some of Kenmore's best ever. Outstanding in every way. I have one and I'm never selling it.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 PM

I’m a “Singer Guy” I guess, but I do have ONE Kenmore in my collection. It’s in the Kenmore 566.3311 Rotary Cabinet directly beneath my elbow as I type on my PC keyboard, and is a Blue Kenmore 158.443 machine. I’ve never used it. I just like the blue color...

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine401_01.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
I’m a “Singer Guy” I guess, but I do have ONE Kenmore in my collection. It’s in the Kenmore 566.3311 Rotary Cabinet directly beneath my elbow as I type on my PC keyboard, and is a Blue Kenmore 158.443 machine. I’ve never used it. I just like the blue color...

CD in Oklahoma
That's a great-looking machine and I bet it sews like a champ. It has the same feed dog knob as the Model 47 that began this thread. Same bobbin winding tension discs, perhaps the same tension assembly, same presser foot pressure knob. Very cool machine.