Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Antique Quilting Frame Selling Advice >
  • Antique Quilting Frame Selling Advice

• Antique Quilting Frame Selling Advice

Old 12-01-2023, 08:52 PM

Default Antique Quilting Frame Selling Advice

I recently dug up a Jasmine Heirlooms quilting frame in my parents basement that they'd like me to sell for a bit of cash. I've researched the frame and found that thiswebsite has the best description of it. The set comes with the two stands, three 60 inch rails, three 108 inch rails and a caddy. Selling quilting equipment is way out of my wheelhouse but I thought I'd try and get some advice on how I should go about pricing and finding sellers for this thing. Maybe try contacting some local antique stores? Post it on facebook? Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. Pictures here in case anyone would like to see it.

*Note to admin because my last post was removed: I wasn't aware of the selling policy on here so to be entirely clear I am NOT trying to sell it on this message board. Just trying to get some help with the process.
    Old 12-01-2023, 09:22 PM
    Power Poster

Sorry, but this post will probably be removed too. Asking for selling advice, especially for a new member, is just about the same as offering it for sale here. But of course you know that.
    Old 12-02-2023, 05:12 AM

CuriousQuilter, I think it is a beautiful frame. Do you have any consignment shops in your area? Any quilt shops in your area that would allow you to post pictures in their place of business? Wishing you luck as it is hard to find easy posting places these days without just posting in a local paper or Shoppers guide.
    Old 12-02-2023, 05:40 AM

The largest problem you have is that your market is so limited. There aren't many people who hand quilt anymore. Getting your ad in front of those few who do is the challenge. Facebook marketplace, Craigslist and Offerup are a few of the places I would try. You might contact your local quilt guild for guidance (you will probably have to attend a meeting). Contacting your local quilt shop for advice is an option as well.

bkay