Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Featherweight zipper foot - what does it look like? >
  • Featherweight zipper foot - what does it look like?

• Featherweight zipper foot - what does it look like?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 AM

If you are interested in selling any of the duplicates please let me know. The only one of those mine came with is the rolled hem foot.
    Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 AM

Also the bottom 2 each side are gathering feet. The one on the right looks like it also has a slot so that while gathering fabric you can also feed lace or another flat fabric through and stitch them both together at one time.
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 AM

You can buy a 1/4" feet for Featherweight machines. Ask me how I know?
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 AM
    Banned

The feet do not have to be strictly for a FW, any low shank singer foot will work on it. You will learn that if the seller tags the item with "Featherweight" or "221" the price seems to go up. The same feet for a Model 27, 66, 99, 185J/K etc will work on the 221.

Billy
    Old 12-19-2010, 07:43 AM

Featherweight RX, Dave McCallum's business at www.featherweight221.com, has holiday specials going right now. I got his book and DVD combo b/c I just started collecting FWs and want to know how to care for them properly. I bought a bundle of 3 feet for quilters, too. He threw in a guide that costs $11 for free. The book is amazing, haven't watch the DVD yet. I have no connection to this business, just sharing a resource that was shared with me on another board. I have different accessories with each of the 3 FWs I have, and doubt that I'll use most of them. Some do look like robot parts. I would gladly pay for FW classes, even an FW retreat, to learn how to make the most of my treasures.
    Old 12-19-2010, 11:41 AM

I realized I picked up the "penguin" walking foot on our travels last trip. It had gotten lost in the van and hubby came upstairs with it. I was very excited...have not tried it yet.

I have duplicates on most of the feet, including at least 6 rufflers, buttonholers (one pink "space" case, one green, several regulars), zipper feet, maybe an extra zig-zag attachment. If you are interested PM me and we'll see what we can work out.
    Jo
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:13 PM

you do not have a zipper foot the ones that look like one are for rolled hems
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maia B
    Featherweight RX, Dave McCallum's business at www.featherweight221.com, has holiday specials going right now. I got his book and DVD combo b/c I just started collecting FWs and want to know how to care for them properly. I bought a bundle of 3 feet for quilters, too. He threw in a guide that costs $11 for free. The book is amazing, haven't watch the DVD yet. I have no connection to this business, just sharing a resource that was shared with me on another board. I have different accessories with each of the 3 FWs I have, and doubt that I'll use most of them. Some do look like robot parts. I would gladly pay for FW classes, even an FW retreat, to learn how to make the most of my treasures.
    there is a Yahoo group just for Singer Attachments. just sign up. they have very knowledgeable people & they are glad to help. probably have files to help you also. the back of your 221 book shows how to use attachments too.
    Surprising how may people use the machines but never consult the book---especially on how often & where to oil !
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
    I realized I picked up the "penguin" walking foot on our travels last trip. It had gotten lost in the van and hubby came upstairs with it. I was very excited...have not tried it yet.

I have duplicates on most of the feet, including at least 6 rufflers, buttonholers (one pink "space" case, one green, several regulars), zipper feet, maybe an extra zig-zag attachment. If you are interested PM me and we'll see what we can work out.
    Jo
    you actually found a Penguin in the wild ?? Lucky you !!
    I keep saying I am going to find one, but several years of diligent searching have not paid off.---yet--.
    Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 PM

the lumpy one right near the 17" mark is a ruffler. the one second to the left of that one and a lttle upwards is another ruffler, but it doesn't appear to work exactly the same way.
    but they are definitely rufflers. this is a close-up of a ruffler.

http://www.amazon.com/Distinctive-Ru.../dp/B003265EX2

close-up of a binder:http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=02097710000P

the close-ups are for other machines, but the look is about the same for all machines forever.

hemming: http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAA#ps-sellers