Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Fixing a Singer 101-3 - Parts and Questions! >
  • Fixing a Singer 101-3 - Parts and Questions!

• Fixing a Singer 101-3 - Parts and Questions!

Old 04-02-2015, 11:46 PM

They don't fight when there's that many together? I raised rabbits growing up but always kept them separated to keep them from fighting.
    Rodney
    Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 AM

That is actually 2 does and at least three litters - and as soon as they got big enough - the youngsters went to camp.

I had one adult buck and the two does - the buck was very, very good with the kits.

Once DH and I decided we'd want to travel a bit more, we cut back on the animals as it gets too much to find someone to care for when we are gone. Now we just have the cats and chickens (egg flock).
    Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 AM

I have a 101 also. It was originally for a cabinet.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]515741[/ATTACH]
    I have the machine and it's knee controller, but not the junction block that all the wiring goes to. Oh and I don't have a cabinet for it either. Another project in queue.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails img_5760.jpg  
    Old 04-04-2015, 09:32 AM

On another rabbit note - if I had not been raising rabbits, it's very likely I'd never have got interested in vintage sewing machines.
    Old 04-04-2015, 03:36 PM

Rabbits do breed very quickly. They give birth around every 28 days and can immediately become pregnant again. It can get out of hand quickly. It's always good to spay/neuter your rabbits. It increased their life expectancy by quite a few years too! Love them bunnies.
    Old 04-04-2015, 04:39 PM

I think it would be fun to have a rabbit as a pet some day. They have such interesting behaviors and personalities. I studied quite a bit about them when I was raising them. And for sure, they'd be fixed if they were pets.

I think one of the funnest things I've ever seen was rabbit agility - some of the bunnies are pretty amazing! And it's neat to see the relationship between the rabbits and their owners - a lot of affection on both sides.
    Old 04-04-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    I think it would be fun to have a rabbit as a pet some day. They have such interesting behaviors and personalities. I studied quite a bit about them when I was raising them. And for sure, they'd be fixed if they were pets.

I think one of the funnest things I've ever seen was rabbit agility - some of the bunnies are pretty amazing! And it's neat to see the relationship between the rabbits and their owners - a lot of affection on both sides.
    My mom and I once had a bunny as a pet. She taught herself how to use the cat box much to the chagrin of the cat.
    Cat spoke to bunny in a nasty manner and learned right quick bunnies are not to be trifled with.

I love rabbits, but my wife is severely allergic to them.

Joe
    Old 04-04-2015, 07:11 PM

My rabbits were in colony pens, so I could walk in, but the door did not go all the way to the floor to discourage the rabbits from hopping out (they could, but they rarely did). One time one of the cats jumped in to see what I was doing. He jumped into the pen with the Buck - who thought - Yea! Fun time! The cat sure got out of the pen fast.
    Old 04-05-2015, 08:12 AM

They're not hard to keep in the house. As Joe mentioned they will use the litterbox. They're pretty much self training for it too. The bad thing is they like to (need to) chew-it doesn't matter what either. Expect them to chew on electrical cords if they can reach them. I kept one in my apartment at the time for a few months. It chewed the buttons off my TV remote. Probably because of the salt in my hands. The one I tried to keep as a pet was feral. It never did tame down so I ended up putting it back where I caught it.

Olivia has a pet bunny. He's half mini Rex and half something else. He's small. We keep him in a hutch outside because I'm pretty sure our dog would think he's a toy or a snack and I just don't want to go there.
    Rodney