Foot Pedal Help Needed

Old 07-16-2018, 06:36 PM

Default Foot Pedal Help Needed

OK, I bought a slightly used Pfaff Classicstyle 2027 sewing machine. The lady said that everything was fine with it except she thought that the cord was suppose to wind up inside the pedal. Well, she was wrong, but I took it on myself to open up the foot pedal, now I can't get it back together right. Not much inside, but there is this strange metal bar, that I can not figure out where it goes, and thus the pedal does not work any longer. Can anyone help? I've attached a photo.
Attached Thumbnails image1-6-.jpeg  
Old 07-16-2018, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

it seems like the bar would help the foot pedal top work. only letting it down so far and such. Can't be specific though. good luck!
Old 07-16-2018, 11:23 PM

Have a look on the vintage machine section on here, folks are always rebuilding machines or post there as someone there will be able to help
Old 07-17-2018, 02:58 AM

If you cannot fix it. You can still purchase a foot control at sewingparts.com.

https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/fo...79887001r.aspx

I use them all the time and they are excellent. Many parts are interchangeable.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 AM

as a last resort take it to your local sewing repairman.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:05 AM

It looks like the bar fits on the inside of the rectangle box in the left picture. The little bracket wings should fit into the small dimples on each side.

It looks like matching dimples in front of the springs on the right picture. Those dimples should fit around the metal bar.

Hard to tell.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda K
It looks like the bar fits on the inside of the rectangle box in the left picture. The little bracket wings should fit into the small dimples on each side. It looks like matching dimples in front of the springs on the right picture. Those dimples should fit around the metal bar. Hard to tell.
That was my first thought, too. The bar would push the springs down at the same time. It may be that it needs to flip over. Without having it in front of me, it is kind of hard to tell. The red lines would go where the red arrows are. Another possibility would be that the ends need to go into the ends of the rectangular box as indicated by the yellow circles and arrows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597985[/ATTACH]

Good luck on getting it back together and working properly.

Does the box slide out of the top? If so I would put the bar one way and set on top of the springs and the box on top to see how the ends of the bar work.

Are the caps next to the screws actually caps for the screw heads? They almost look like the would fit on top of the springs.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails image1-6-arrows.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 07-17-2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 AM

Can you google it to find out how it goes? I fixed a leaky faucet in our bathroom just by googling it and looking at the pictures. Possibly you could take it to a local sewing machine shop and they could help you. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft
Have a look on the vintage machine section on here, folks are always rebuilding machines or post there as someone there will be able to help
I second this. Post to the vintage machine section. Some of the people who read that section do not read other sections and might not see this here.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 AM
Banned

I think Janey is onto something, that's what I was thinking before I saw her post.

Cari