Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Free Sewing Machine need a bit of help >
  • Free Sewing Machine need a bit of help

• Free Sewing Machine need a bit of help

Old 02-17-2023, 04:12 AM

Thanks, I really appreciate all the help. I printed out the manual for the Free from ismac. There Is a needle picture that says to measure your needle against the pic to make sure it fits. The needle that came with the machine fits into it nicely. So I’ll definitely bring that with me.

I’m definitely having fun, especially falling down the research rabbit holes I’m learning so much.

I had a vintage singer that was in the family. 20 years ago, when we moved, I couldn’t take it and I’ve missed it. 😊

I also have a Singer HD4452, but when we were at a Value Village (thrift store) I found this machine and couldn’t resist as I miss the old machines. I plan on getting it up and running and make my medieval shift as the first project.

I’d posted a picture of the serial number I believe it is a ME40307

Woo hoo! from that list you posted, It’s a model ME and date range of 1931-1934. THANK You so much! Since my number is towards the end of the number I’m guessing close to 1934.
    Old 02-17-2023, 10:25 AM

Default Found some Free sewing machine needle packages.

I'm not sure if we can post links to other sites but in my searches i've found packages of Free needles for sale as well as a display that someone has on their facebook. I don't have facebook, myself but it came up in a search.
    I'll try to save the page address in case someone else wants the info.
    Old 02-18-2023, 06:03 AM

Yes, you can post links to other sites, but just not spam links, your own or ones you are affiliated with. DAHIKT. I'm wondering if they are the CC1221 ones or ?? I believe many of the vintage Free needles had double alpha designations.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    Old 02-18-2023, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
    Yes, you can post links to other sites, but just not spam links, your own or ones you are affiliated with. DAHIKT. I'm wondering if they are the CC1221 ones or ?? I believe many of the vintage Free needles had double alpha designations.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
    The needles from the free company are on ebay last I checked there were aa, bb, cc, dd.
    I think mine are the aa.. send like the needles in my machine was, near as I can tell, the same as my singer needles.