Help finding a bobbin case

Old 10-24-2019, 05:05 AM

I didn't put the thread into the pigtail. I figured it was like a Bernina bobbin case with pigtail -- putting it in the pigtail is optional. I can try that when I go back on Friday.

The problem is the play. Here's how much play there is. What is supposed to hold the bobbin case in position?
Attached Thumbnails cindyssingerplay2.jpg   cindyssingerplay1.jpg  
Old 10-24-2019, 09:04 AM

Mine seems to only fit with the latch in the horizontal position. Pigtail threading is not optional on the 115.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:06 AM

Annette, the area above the latch on yours does not look the same as mine...
Old 10-24-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by WIChix
Annette, the area above the latch on yours does not look the same as mine...
Thank you for emailing the picture of your bobbin case. That is the original bobbin case. The one for the 20U or 306W is different. The link to sew-classic should be the one that works. There is a parts list with images at http://www.supsew.com/download/Singer/Singer 115-1, -2.pdf or https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...ger-115-1.html

This is WIChix's bobbin case, not that the thread is hanging out the outside so that it can be brought up by the needle thread.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]618957[/ATTACH]

quiltedsunshine, I don't see the pigtail on yours or the piece like WIChix for the thread to come out. I wonder if someone got the wrong bobbin in place of the correct number. Also does an "L" bobbin fit in the case you are using?

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails img_20191023_161637.jpg  

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 10-24-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Not affiliated with off-site links
Old 10-24-2019, 03:19 PM

It's not exactly a modern "L" rotary bobbin, but it's the original that's with the machine. I typed #55623 into the Brewer catalog and the modern "L" rotary bobbin came up. I'll have to compare them tomorrow.

You can see the pigtail at the top on the first picture and on the left in the second picture.

So the number for the bobbin case, in the parts catalog, is 55651. Is there somewhere I could order it with that number? It's not available on Brewer or Sewing Parts Online.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine
It's not exactly a modern "L" rotary bobbin, but it's the original that's with the machine. I typed #55623 into the Brewer catalog and the modern "L" rotary bobbin came up. I'll have to compare them tomorrow.

You can see the pigtail at the top on the first picture and on the left in the second picture.

So the number for the bobbin case, in the parts catalog, is 55651. Is there somewhere I could order it with that number? It's not available on Brewer or Sewing Parts Online.
Okay, I am kind of stumped. I have been studying the pictures and trying to figure out what to suggest. I actually downloaded the manual for the 20U, but the drawings for threading the bobbin seemed hard to understand. I finally went searching again and found where I had found that possibly 306W (105032) bobbin, might work better than 20U. It is in the replies on http://myperfectstitch.blogspot.com/...hine-with.html I also found https://growyourownclothes.com/2017/...retty-tiffany/ which I think the alterations to the bobbin case is "beyond my pay grade."

What is the bobbin case in the baggy in the first picture?

Hopefully, you will find something to get this machine functioning properly again.

Not affiliated with off-site links
Old 10-25-2019, 05:34 AM

Janey, Thank you for posting the photo!
Old 10-25-2019, 06:20 AM

Janey, Thank you for posting the photo!
I'm glad I could help, at least with doing that. I was also able to find the patent (557,547) that your bobbin latch has the date for. It appears that it is for the latch mechanism to slide the locking mechanism of the shuttle pin.

I checked sew-classic for 105032 bobbin case and there is a note as to what to look for so that the case fits. I have a 306W and original 105032 case for it. Just looking at them, I wasn't sure that it would work. So I tried it in the 115. Silly me didn't take a picture. Also the 115 is all apart, so I couldn't actually test sew with it. The first time I tried to put it in, it didn't seem like it would fit. I tried again, lining up the opening for the needle was in the proper position. This time it worked and seemed to stay put. I turned the hand wheel and the case didn't try to rotate. I just tried to rotate the case with my fingers and couldn't.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:13 PM

Went to take some more pictures and try your suggestions, and she came and got the machine. She had another bobbin case, that she forgot about. The one in the bag in the picture was broken. But thanks, everyone!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:46 AM

Default Try this for photo help

Yes, it has a pigtail, and a pigtail like threading pattern. I'd post a photo of mine, but adding a photo not an option under advanced....
New phone blues.
If you have an Android phone, see if you can do this: click the 3 dots in the upper right corner, and scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the box next to "Desktop Site." This will give you the regular page like you were on a regular computer instead of a phone. Then you can use the photo icon as usual.