Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Help finding manual for generic zigzag machine (FashionAire)? >
  • Help finding manual for generic zigzag machine (FashionAire)?

• Help finding manual for generic zigzag machine (FashionAire)?

Old 06-05-2019, 10:02 AM

Default Help finding manual for generic zigzag machine (FashionAire)?

Picture attached. When I lift it there's a metal plate that says JBNO 5035 on the side. When I google search I can only find info about a "White Fashionaire" machine.

Anyone got any idea where I can find more info?
    Attached Thumbnails fashionaire.jpg  
    Old 06-05-2019, 05:56 PM

Welcome sewythings.

It is probably a Japanese made machine. When I have a Japanese machine that I need more information for, I will check out Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines or Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches to see if there are similar machines to the one in question. Frequently there are many different names on the same or similar machine. I have one that is badged Miracle and found at least 3 similar or near the same machine. Another thing with a lot of Japanese machines is that they will have a JA and/or JC number on them. I think that the JC number is cast in the base of the machine. The JA number is usually stamped some how either on the front lip or with the Serial number.

A place that I have seen manuals, also has pictures of Zig Zag machines that one can look at to find the same or similar machine, albeit without badged names. it is http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm (Not affiliated with link.)

Your machine looks like a good ZigZag machine, as most Japanese machines are.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 06-05-2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Not affiliated with off-site link
    Old 06-05-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
    Welcome sewythings.

It is probably a Japanese made machine. When I have a Japanese machine that I need more information for, I will check out Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines or Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches to see if there are similar machines to the one in question. Frequently there are many different names on the same or similar machine. I have one that is badged Miracle and found at least 3 similar or near the same machine. Another thing with a lot of Japanese machines is that they will have a JA and/or JC number on them. I think that the JC number is cast in the base of the machine. The JA number is usually stamped some how either on the front lip or with the Serial number.

A place that I have seen manuals, also has pictures of Zig Zag machines that one can look at to find the same or similar machine, albeit without badged names. it is http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm (Not affiliated with link.)

Your machine looks like a good ZigZag machine, as most Japanese machines are.

Thanks! On page 2 of the post someone has pictures of a "Dressmaker Precision Zig Zag sewing machine Model 295" which looks nearly exactly the same as mine. Will try to find more info on it
    Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 AM

So I'm thinking the closest thing I can find is the Dressmaker 205 Manual for $10 on some website. It looks almost exactly the same from the side view & underneath. I really just want to know where to oil it and such. Does that sound like a good idea?

Edit: The Deluxe Zig Zag #61 (706) from the sewusa website looks very similar too
    Old 06-06-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewythings
    So I'm thinking the closest thing I can find is the Dressmaker 205 Manual for $10 on some website. It looks almost exactly the same from the side view & underneath. I really just want to know where to oil it and such. Does that sound like a good idea?

Edit: The Deluxe Zig Zag #61 (706) from the sewusa website looks very similar too
    Probably, either would work. Basically, one oils where metal rubs metal.