Help needed hopefully ASAP

Old 08-19-2024, 12:43 PM

Default Help needed hopefully ASAP

I received a Janome 712T for my birthday and have been trying to place it in the cabinet of my old Singer cabinet. The problem is the metal piece where you thread the leather belt. I watched a video where the lady said she had to remove the piece in order to be able to put the machine on the knobby things (technical term). I’ve tried for hours to remove it but without success. Can anyone help me I would love to use my machine. TIA
Old 08-19-2024, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Have you checked with a Janome machine repair shop? They should be able to install the machine in the table or have a table that the machine will fit.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:34 PM

The lifting plate has several screws that need to be removed. I think some of the screws can be removed with the treadle on on its back and can possibly remove the screws at the back of the plate that screw into the top while it is on its back. There are some images of the pieces that need to be removed at https://www.etsy.com/listing/6362249...isting_details

Oh, have you seen https://kathieskabin.blogspot.com/20...nome-712t.html ?
Old 08-19-2024, 04:53 PM

Janey thanks for the info. I have tried removing the screws from the top but because it is so heavy I can’t turn it over. Currently don’t have anyone to flip it over for me. I did check out both of those places you’ve suggested but no one tells you how to do it.