Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Help with a Touch and Sew 626 please >
  • Help with a Touch and Sew 626 please

• Help with a Touch and Sew 626 please

Old 05-04-2022, 01:30 PM

Yes, you are correct. You could replace just that one gear, assuming all the others have all their teeth, but that may be a false economy if the other gears are original. Timing is not a big deal on the T&S, if you replace that gear. The couple of times I've replaced all the gears on a T&S it was pretty involved, and I wouldn't even try again, although I probably would try just that one.
    Old 05-04-2022, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by JoeJr
    Yes, you are correct. You could replace just that one gear, assuming all the others have all their teeth, but that may be a false economy if the other gears are original. Timing is not a big deal on the T&S, if you replace that gear. The couple of times I've replaced all the gears on a T&S it was pretty involved, and I wouldn't even try again, although I probably would try just that one.
    Thanks Joe. Considering I'd also have to purchase a foot controller and cord just so I can give this machine away, I think I'll let the metal man take it. I'm still not positive it sews well, I can't properly test it without power.

I'll try to Freecycle the cabinet though.