Husky 9000 Sewing Machine

Old 08-03-2021, 02:12 AM

Default Husky 9000 Sewing Machine

Hi, I’ve been given a Husky 9000, and as I was changing the stitch type there was a “clunk” sound and the little red dot that shows the current stitch no longer moves. I’m still able to change between stitches and use it as normal, it just doesn’t show the currently selected stitch anymore, instead stuck on the last stitch before breaking. Any idea on how to fix it, if at all possible? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2021, 07:58 PM

The front stitch plate comes off. If you could take that off, you would probably be able to figure it out. It seems like I remember something like a guitar string that pulls the selector around between two pulleys. But it's been a while since I've taken one apart....
Old 08-03-2021, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine
The front stitch plate comes off. If you could take that off, you would probably be able to figure it out. It seems like I remember something like a guitar string that pulls the selector around between two pulleys. But it's been a while since I've taken one apart....
Thank you! I took the top and front plate off, and the zip-cord type thing that makes the indicator work was snapped in half! Should be an easy enough fix!
Old 08-04-2021, 08:05 AM

Love it when folks help eachother out. Welcome aboard jessiebelle216