I Want To Be FREE!

Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 AM

Good morning,

Here are the pix of my broken APARTMENT SM. The top thumb screw has snapped off the middle peak and the bakelite rings are broken. There also is a missing metal plate (tech name please?) that supposed to sit just behind the spool pin. I'll have to look in the box again and see if it's floating around in there. I don't know where those pads go, but that's easy enough to find out. I may be able to find another thumb screw to fit. Anyone have suggestions on how to repair this? The seller was very kind and offered a complete refund, plus my shipping costs to send it back, but I've been eyeing this model for a couple of years now and would really like to keep it, if possible. Thanks for your help.
~ Cindy
Attached Thumbnails apartmentbrokentop.jpg   apartmentbrokentop2.jpg   apartment-broken-pcs.jpg  

Last edited by tropit; 02-19-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:36 AM

I take that back about the metal plate. It's the motor casing that I'm seeing in the old picture.
Attached Thumbnails %24t2ec16rhjhkffmn1fzlkbsytt-68p-%7E%7E60_57.jpg   %24t2ec16rhjhcffkcdmongbsytu96y5w%7E%7E60_57.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 04:31 PM

Well, I worked things out with the seller of the APARTMENT SM. He's the absolute sweetest guy and he felt really bad about everything. He called me this AM and told me that he just found the attachments to go with the machine, so he's going to send them on to me for free. I told him that was wonderful and suggested that we call it even. I think that I can have a machinist friend of mine fix the tension knob for me and I figured out that those bakelite rings came off of the motor. Since there's a place on the wheel for a hand crank, I might just take the motor off anyways, so I'm not too worried about that. It's like finding a stray puppy...it's such a cute machine, I really couldn't let it go back on the street. Thanks for letting me have a little drama...LOL. ~ Cindy