Introducing my Favta Darling

Old 10-28-2021, 09:07 AM

First of all Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! What a find! This is a cute machine and from the information you supplied a rare little machine. Now I will be watching for one of these in my travels. I have 2 FW machines and always looking for another one to pop up on my travels. I also have an assortment of 12 more vintage or antique machines. Very few in comparison to what others here have. There are a number of very helpful folks here that work with or restore these beauties. Again welcome and look forward to seeing a great deal of you here.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:03 AM

Thankyou so much for your prompt reply!! Hubby and I have been playing with it and it seems to only work with the flat shank to the left. Odd, but if that's how it should be then no worries.
We got it cheap in Bosnia, 15e. As it seems someone tried to fixed the timing and messed it up. But we now have that fixed. Next is the motor! It makes a humming noise when plugged in. Hubbys hoping its just old oil. Fingers crossed he's right! It's a lovely machine and I'm hoping to get it working well. Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by leonf
My Elna Supermatics are waving to their cousin.. I am still looking for a grasshopper.

Welcome aboard.Fun machine.

Isn't there a big car show at Amellia island?
Are you still looking for a Grasshopper / Elna 1? I have two but intend to keep just one. I got them both last Christmas at the urging of my husband when I couldn't decide which one to buy. One was shipped from Finland and the other from the Netherlands. The one from Finland came from Finnish army stock and is seemingly barely used. That's the one I'm going to part with.
Old 12-18-2021, 11:37 PM

Default My Darling

Hello
I bought Favta Darling yesterday. It's really very interesting. My machine has been very little used and has everything you need in its case. I tested it, it works But I am not a collector at all and will soon be ready to part with it. How much can it cost?
Kindest wishes,
Anna
Old 12-19-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by gentianna
Hello
I bought Favta Darling yesterday. It's really very interesting. My machine has been very little used and has everything you need in its case. I tested it, it works But I am not a collector at all and will soon be ready to part with it. How much can it cost?
Kindest wishes,
Anna
Hi Anna,

It's hard to say for sure of course, what the value is of something. It all boils down to how much someone wants it and what it's worth to them. I have two Favta Darlings. I paid $75.00 for my first one in July 2020, and it was in very nice shape, except it did not have the extension table. I bought it from a seller in the state where I live (Florida). The second one I got came from the U.K. via eBay for $67.00 a year ago, and it was advertised as needing work. I bought it mainly because I wanted the extension table, which I thought I would never find! I figured I could probably fix what was wrong with it, and I was even willing to pay the shipping from the U.K. to have it. Long story... it came damaged (unrepairable tension assembly) and I did get a refund, but did not have to return the machine. I sold many of the parts and accessories from it separately to different people. But I kept the extension table and still have what's left of the machine, and the case. I would think you could fairly ask $75-$100 for it - or start a little higher and be willing to go for less. It all depends on how much demand there may be. It is a cute machine and not very common.
Best,
Kathy
Old 12-25-2021, 06:37 AM

Wow, that is interesting. She looks like a little "Darling". Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2022, 01:21 AM

Hi Kathy!
Thank you very much for your reply. It's really interesting
QUOTE=kathyjbl;8526053]Hi Anna,

It's hard to say for sure of course, what the value is of something. It all boils down to how much someone wants it and what it's worth to them. I have two Favta Darlings. I paid $75.00 for my first one in July 2020, and it was in very nice shape, except it did not have the extension table. I bought it from a seller in the state where I live (Florida). The second one I got came from the U.K. via eBay for $67.00 a year ago, and it was advertised as needing work. I bought it mainly because I wanted the extension table, which I thought I would never find! I figured I could probably fix what was wrong with it, and I was even willing to pay the shipping from the U.K. to have it. Long story... it came damaged (unrepairable tension assembly) and I did get a refund, but did not have to return the machine. I sold many of the parts and accessories from it separately to different people. But I kept the extension table and still have what's left of the machine, and the case. I would think you could fairly ask $75-$100 for it - or start a little higher and be willing to go for less. It all depends on how much demand there may be. It is a cute machine and not very common.
Best,
Kathy[/QUOTE]