It's all your fault!!

Old 09-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane
I should qualify that. The slow moving ones, I'm mostly OK with, it's the fast moving ones that scare me and make me drop things and run. There was one (and we don't have a lot of the big or poisonous spiders here) that was about the size of a nickel that must have crossed the room in 2 seconds flat. I packed up my laptop and moved to another room and announced to DH that there was a SPIIIIIDEERRR!! in the office. LOL!

I find all sorts of bug carcasses. They're gross, but I seem to do OK with them. In fact, I'll take bug bodies over the 2 machines I've had here with cat urine on them. Gag.

Tippysmom - I sure hope she at least apologised? I'm guessing it wasn't too bad a bite, since you forgot to mention it. Still, what an experience!

Someday I will probably look back on this and laugh, but right now I just want all the roaches dead!
Came out this morning and there are still some live ones. We undid the machine from the cabinet, put it in a large garbage bag, sprayed the heck out of it, tied the bag shut and are now letting it fumigate.

Where the machine was screwed onto the cabinet, there were two depressions, full of more bugs! Zapped those, too. After the machine is done, the cabinet will get bombed in the bag. I don't want any surprises when I remove the cover.

Oh yes, she apologized profusely. I have two small puncture marks on my finger. Yesterday I went to a walk in clinic and got it checked out. They gave me a tetanus shot and some antibiotics, so I am good for now. When we were almost home, the husband called me and I told him I would keep them updated if anything was wrong. I'm sure they are scared of a lawsuit, but that isn't my concern, just that I don't have ill effects from the bite.

Will post more if I ever get rid of the vermin!

Renate
Old 09-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by zozee
Maybe there's a roach carcass stuck in the reverse whatchacallit. Maybe the machine has spent her whole life trying to back out of that trailer , trying to escape. I'm so glad you got her; the machine I learned on as a girl was a Kenmore , and the one my hubby bought for me aboout 18 yrs ago was a Kenmore. I don't want to part with her.
ROTFLMAO! I'm sure the poor thing has been traumatized! I know I couldn't wait to get outta there.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:33 AM

Haven't had roaches, thank God!! Did have some mud dauber nests once or maybe hornets and one time I found a dried out mouse body. The cats were totally interested in that machine. I was fairly grossed out. The wires hadn't been touched by the mouse - thank heavens.
I may have one with cat urine on it which would explain the smell completely but it's in line waiting to be cleaned.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Well, phase II is underway. Dismantled the cabinet and threw it in a bag to marinate with bug spray, then repeated that with the machine. Hopefully overnight will kill anything left over. I'm surprised that none of them crawled out when I was trying to sew on her. What a shock that would have been!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:41 PM

Good for you for carrying on! I wonder though... how's your vehicle? Tell me it came home in the box of an uncovered truck? Did you test the bug spray to see if it would damage the wood? I -think- it would be ok on the finish of the machine, but do be careful. You'll have to get it all out and off of the machine. Depending on how it dries, it could leave lingering issues. Plus it's bad for your skin to come into contact with.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 AM

We brought her home in a Volvo wagon...bought some roach traps/bait/motels to nip any problem in the bud. I do wish we had had an uncovered truck bed, though!

The cabinet will be refinished since it has seen some hard times, too.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Well, I think as long as there's no food in there for them, any problems should be short lived right?

I just can't figure out how people can treat machines / furniture, etc like that...