Janey, I need help with 401

Old 09-10-2023, 01:17 PM

Default Janey, I need help with 401

I rehabbed a 401 several years ago that was totally frozen up. I got all kinds of good advice from the guys who are now on VSS or not posting anymore.

Now, I have another one I want to get going, but it doesn't have the same problems, although it's pretty frozen up. It doesn't have the mountain of petrified oil, but it still doesn't want to move freely. (I promised it to the receptionist at the Physical Therapy clinic.) I think I have everything moving except the needle won't swing. If I remember correctly, Cari helped me when the first one had that problem.

Anyway, I tried to find those old posts, but had not luck. Can you share how you get them to come up?

bk
Old 09-10-2023, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by bkay
...Anyway, I tried to find those old posts, but had not luck. Can you share how you get them to come up?
I literally LOL'd when I read the title - I think you are probably referring to 401a problem There are a couple of others about the 401 She's real fun, my 401... and maybe 401a stitch width adjustment
Old 09-10-2023, 05:33 PM

Thanks, Janey. That's it!!!!
I was getting everything except that. I didn't put the "a" on it.
bkay
Old 09-10-2023, 06:07 PM

I used something along the lines of 401 needle bkay site:quiltingboard.com in google and then looked down the results. After I clicked on "401a stitch width adjustment" in which you replied and linked to your thread.