Is it my birthday??

Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM

Happy, happy BD Randa!
I guess I best get mine out of storage and start using it.
It was my mother's. It has a meldew odor and I can't get rid of it.

I hope you enjpy yours Randa.

I'm new and just learned how to send replies today.

Elsie
Old 09-30-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Why does everyone on this board seem to swoon over the feather weight machines? What don't I know?

I don't. I congrats everyone that loves their featherweight since they have rescued a vintage machine and are hopefully using it, but I don't wish to own one.
I'll take all the 201s and 15-90/91 (and if these machines can be made into treadles the better) since they have a longer harp space. And if I ever find a 301 (good price) for dragging to classes then that will be the machine I take to quilting classes.
I'm just happy that there are people out there that love vintage sewing machines and are using them.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

Wow were you lucky.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by elsieirene
Happy, happy BD Randa!
I guess I best get mine out of storage and start using it.
It was my mother's. It has a meldew odor and I can't get rid of it.

I hope you enjpy yours Randa.

I'm new and just learned how to send replies today.

Elsie
Try washing the non-oiled parts with vinegar, then set it out in the sun to do the rest. When you bring it in that night, set cups of baking soda around it, (where they cannot be spilled). I hope this helps. If not, take it to a service center and ask them for help.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by jbj137
It's my birthday on Saturday.
Ask her if she has another one.
J J
Happy early birthday to you!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Why does everyone on this board seem to swoon over the feather weight machines? What don't I know?
Go on Ebay and click singer featherweights in the search and look at them. Also go to Desk Dave.com and look at the ones ther, they are so pretty in colors, but I still like my little black one. I would love to have the extra funds and purchase one of the purple or lilas ones from Desk Dave's. but just can't afford them.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
You gals are a riot!! I don't think my sis has another FW, but I know she has a treadle!! LOL! Thank you all for you congrats on the acquisition of the FW. Really glad I didn't gain another birthday, though...They come too fast the way it is!!! I'll get pics perhaps tonight. Having company this weekend so am busy cleaning (when I'm not reading all the comments here!!)
What a wonderful gift and from your sister at that. So sweet of her to give you such a neat gift. I know you will love it. Make her a wall hanging or a small quilt as a gift. I understood that she sews, and does she also quilt? If she does, she just may be one that doesn't care for the featherweight or loves you so much that she was willing to give hers up to you. Great sister.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!! What a wonderful gift
Old 10-01-2010, 06:03 AM

Congratulations!!! WHen you said it was No. 221, I thought you meant it was the 221st featherweight that you owned. I said, "What on earth would someone do with 221 machines?????" A little slow, but growing in this area of quilting and machines. :lol:
Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 PM

My sister does quilt and is a perfectionist. Ahhh....don't think she'd like my quilts, at least, not enough to hang on her wall. LOL! And she is a foster parent who loved this machine, but wanted to keep it safe and put it away as different children arrived. She usually takes those who are hard to place other places, learning disabilities, behavioral problems. She was just as happy giving it to me, knowing how much I loved them, as she was having it herself. Can you imagine if I hadn't had that conversation about FW's that day??? It might still be in it's box in her bedroom closet!!

Granny B...Too funny!!! I might wish for 2, but not 221!!! No, I never imagined I'd have even one, so I'm a very happy camper!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.....even though it's NOT my birthday!!!