Is it my birthday??

Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
My sister does quilt and is a perfectionist. Ahhh....don't think she'd like my quilts, at least, not enough to hang on her wall. LOL! And she is a foster parent who loved this machine, but wanted to keep it safe and put it away as different children arrived. She usually takes those who are hard to place other places, learning disabilities, behavioral problems. She was just as happy giving it to me, knowing how much I loved them, as she was having it herself. Can you imagine if I hadn't had that conversation about FW's that day??? It might still be in it's box in her bedroom closet!!

Granny B...Too funny!!! I might wish for 2, but not 221!!! No, I never imagined I'd have even one, so I'm a very happy camper!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.....even though it's NOT my birthday!!!
Randa you might just be surprised about her hanging one of your quilts. Even if she is a perfectionist, have a gift from you made on that machine might be just something she would really enjoy. We never really know how others might feel about gifts from special people, and never having had a sister I know a sister is special. Anyway Happy Early Early Birthday when ever it is.lol
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Lucky you!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Dee

Happy Birthday. Have fun with your new baby.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Google Goddess

awesome, glad you found one, that is so cool, Happy Birthday also to you

I had a lovely lunch at my sister's home along with 2 other sisters and a sister in law. We had great conversation about quilting, and I was telling them about fondling a Featherweight and they looked at each other funny, so I said a Singer Featherweight at an antique shop. Three of them said Oh, I wondered what you were talking about, so I told them how nice it was and what the price tag read. My oldest sister said, I have one, do you want it? I could have fallen off my chair, or choked on my food, or had heart failure, or any number of things!!! I said, You can't be serious, and she said, I am serious! She ran right home and picked it up and brought it back to me! I am so very excited!!! She said it worked, but I haven't tried it yet, due to a church meeting. I'm happy fondling it right now!! It's number 221!!! Wonderful to have a birthday gift without adding a year!!! LOL! I'll post pics a bit later.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM

Happy "Early " or "late " birthday , either way you did good congrats
Old 10-04-2010, 04:30 PM

And she is a foster parent who loved this machine, but wanted to keep it safe and put it away as different children arrived.

Can you imagine if I hadn't had that conversation about FW's that day??? It might still be in it's box in her bedroom closet!!
It always pays to tell everyone you meet about looking for the old machines. I was talking about sewing and how much I love the old machines to my dental hygienist, while getting my teeth cleaned, and she happened to have a Singer 99, that belonged to her grandmother, with a beautiful Bentwood cover. She GAVE it to me the next time I was at the dentist!! She had been thinking of giving it to a rummage sale :shock:

I'm a foster mom, also. My foster kids love to look at my vintage machines and they are especially thrilled with the little featherweight. So tiny and cute :-D
Old 10-04-2010, 04:34 PM
np3
Power Poster

What a great gift!