Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • My newest favorite vintage Singer >
  • My newest favorite vintage Singer

• My newest favorite vintage Singer

Old 11-25-2020, 12:06 PM

Hooligan - "no more machines for now" lol. I have said that myself quite a few times until I find an irresistible deal - like the one I just got - a 404 with cover for $15.00!!! And it works!! Cheshirepat- yeah, when the bug hits, it can be bad (or good!). The more I learn about vintage Singers, the larger my herd grows. 18 now and all but 3 are set up and used. Hope you find both a rocketeer and 401 in great condition and cheap. They are out there.
    Old 11-25-2020, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by life is sweet
    Hope you find both a rocketeer and 401 in great condition and cheap. They are out there.
    From your mouth, as they say, to God's ears! ;-)
    Old 11-25-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by life is sweet
    Hooligan - "no more machines for now" lol. I have said that myself quite a few times until I find an irresistible deal - like the one I just got - a 404 with cover for $15.00!!! And it works!! Cheshirepat- yeah, when the bug hits, it can be bad (or good!). The more I learn about vintage Singers, the larger my herd grows. 18 now and all but 3 are set up and used. Hope you find both a rocketeer and 401 in great condition and cheap. They are out there.
    Not as bad as yourself as i only have 9 now, with only 3 used for daily sewing and the others are for when smiles are wanted. Nope, no more i say
    Old 11-29-2020, 12:01 PM

Singer 401 is - arguably - the BEST overall machine Singer ever made. There are other machines that might do one thing or another better than this machine- and to be honest I do prefer a vertical bobbin - but for in the Best Overall category, you just can't beat this machine.

Every time I have a temporary new favorite machine, I'll come back to the 401 and remember why it's the best. If only it had a vertical bobbin, it would be absolutely 100% perfect in my book!