Necchi BU Mira

Old 03-13-2022, 05:35 PM

Default Necchi BU Mira

I have a Necchi BU Mira that needs a new transistor; not having much luck finding one. Also, it needs a new male socket on the electronics box. No one sells the female plug that fits this socket/been told it is no longer made and ca’t be found anywhere. Can I just replace it with a modern, three prong one. Thanks for your help.
J. Thad
Old 03-14-2022, 10:34 AM

Welcome aboard. You have me confused, Are you talking about repealing he capacitor.? Can you send a pic of offending plug.

Old 03-14-2022, 10:38 AM

Janey must be away at the moment. Here are her directions for adding pictures.

A lot of people have trouble posting pictures. My stock response:
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:07 PM

Default Necchi BU Mira parts

Originally Posted by J. Thad
I have a Necchi BU Mira that needs a new transistor; not having much luck finding one. Also, it needs a new male socket on the electronics box. No one sells the female plug that fits this socket/been told it is no longer made and ca’t be found anywhere. Can I just replace it with a modern, three prong one. Thanks for your help.
J. Thad
Attached are three photos:
One shows the transistor in the electrical box that needs to be replaced.
One shows the new female plug that requires a male socket to be replace the existing socket.
One shows the original socket currently in the electrical box underneath the motor.
any suggestions to where I can obtain the parts would be greatly appreciated.
J. Thad
Attached Thumbnails d0138e4f-8fc0-46e3-a8b9-843a5a6044b6.jpeg   a3527dbe-9ba2-475e-9eec-efe692291076.jpeg   6ed7fb2e-3b19-43df-8217-e227c9264cb8.jpeg  
Old 03-15-2022, 06:28 AM

Since no one else is jumping on this I will offer just a bit more. You have shown a picture of a transformer. It reduces your voltage to 12 volts for the lamp. he is a pic of one, but not for your Necchi. Transformer Unit, Janome #751577002 : Sewing Parts Online

if you are on FB I would recommend you look up the Necchi FB groups. One is general stuff, an offshoot is the more technical stuff. I have no idea about your plug ins. Sorry.

Good luck.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:33 AM

There is also a Necchi group on groups.io.

(Other than that, I'm of no help.)

bkay
Old 03-15-2022, 02:27 PM

I just finished cleaning up one of these, I removed the transformer and the 12v light. I also removed the light switch on the lower motor case along with the fast/slow switch as well. Once I know if this is going in a table or a case I will direct wire the motor and the foot control on the inside of the lower motor case, which is made of plastic, running the cords either through the hole for the removed switch or up through the bottom. I had a back up light from another machine.

Unless you want to keep it original, you might consider a similar work around.
Attached Thumbnails 20220301_125128.jpg  
Old 03-15-2022, 03:15 PM

Also, in your picture on the the far right of the motor case with the male plug, the inside half of an old receptacle is broken off and still in place, you should be able to pull it out revealing hopefully intact prongs. I can't help you on the transformer, I looked at mine but it is in terrible shape and I cut the wires too short off it.