Necchi Supernova

Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo

BTW - I love the cake in your avatar. Did you make it?? I love cake decorating as well

Hey, Frudemoo, we have so much in common - I love -eating- cake!!!

:-)

Hooray for your machine. You know, I think FREE was a good price; not because you get a free machine, but because honestly, to that lady, the machine is priceless, in both directions... and to have sold her dear momma's precious machine for $50 would have been insulting to the universe. However, to hand it on to loving home, -that's- special.

So you gave her nice gifts, yay! Maybe you might sew her something small at Christmas - tea towel, mittens, whatever. Something nice, on her Momma's machine. That will mean the world over, far more than any other form of munney, as she navigates her way through grief. Already nine months, she said - that means her Momma died just after x-mas/New Years Last year.

I owe a lady something sewn on -her- Momma's stitcher*, which I got from her estate sale. When she told me it had been her Momma's, is the first thing I said, like you, was "Sorry about your Mommy." She was so touched, she ended up giving me all sorts of funky vintage fabric and loot! (In the end, it smelled so badly of mothballs, I gave it away. The fabric, not the stitcher.)

Honestly, people selling their own Momma's stitchers are not really out to make a buck.

I am happy for you, and happy for your lovely Necchi.

-C.

*Dang. That means I hafta stop tinkering, and start SEWING. Grumblety mumble.

Last edited by Cecilia S.; 09-03-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:45 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]434365[/ATTACH]
Clean and functional. I love the red light and the new cloth covered power cord in black and white.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]434366[/ATTACH]
The first row of zig zag stitches here shows the function of moving the stitch length lever while sewing! Cool

[ATTACH=CONFIG]434367[/ATTACH]
It's a hell of a tension assembly!!
Attached Thumbnails necchiworking.jpg   necchi-stitches.jpg   necchi-tension-assembly.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM

Great work Amelia. It is good to see your progress since May.