"New" Sewing Stool

Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
Yes, it's a Singer stool. However that is not the cabinet it goes with.

This is the cabinet the stool with the round corners goes with. The cabinet has the exact same rounded corners that match the stool

I'm at work so can't run upstairs and take a picture of the stool that goes with the square sided desk cabinet. On that one, the stool as the exact same square corners that match the desk.

Here is a better picture of that style desk

I Love this cabinet!!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:58 AM

Oh I have the cabinet but not the stool. Should you want to sell and ship it, I'd be interested for sure.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I love it!!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:57 AM

There are two versions of this cabinet - one has a single door that is curved. when you open it, you see the regular flat drawers behind it.

There is hole in the small upper drawer to hold an ink well - I love things like that!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:53 PM

Either version would work for me. There's the single drawer version in the Seattle Clist right now complete with stool and a Singer 301 but it's listed at $250. No way I can afford that. I think if I just keep my eyes open one will show up eventually. Meanwhile I'll just put it with my daughter's machine. The style of the cabinet doesn't match but at least they're both walnut.
Rodney
Old 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM

here's another one in your area....but it's gonna need some tlc:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/4241376571.html

I've seen several of these (both the dark version & the blonde one) listed on Portland CL in the last few months. If you don't mind a road trip, it may be worth watching.....
There is a blonde version also listed there right now...but they want a lot for it.
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/hsh/4244235374.html

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-20-2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by mindless
here's another one in your area....but it's gonna need some tlc:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/atq/4241376571.html

I've seen several of these (both the dark version & the blonde one) listed on Portland CL in the last few months. If you don't mind a road trip, it may be worth watching.....
Anyone know how to get the drawers out of this style cabinet? I have one that will need refinishing, but I can't figure out what holds the drawers in.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-20-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:50 AM

When you open the drawer and feel underneath, you'll feel a cutout of the shelf the drawer sits on.

There is a little spring lever along side the slide, and you need to depress is so the back of the drawer will slide over it.

If your fingers are thin enough, you can use them, otherwise a screwdriver or something like that would work.

It's easier if you do with with the cabinet on it's back - or upside down, especially for the bottom drawer.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:45 AM

I use a small orange stick to take out the drawers. Whatever you use, it can't be too long or you can't fit it into that little hole space that presses down on the spring that you can see in Cathy's picture. I don't press down under the drawer. I push the orange stick in the little hole inside the drawer. Cathy was the one to tell me how to get the drawers out as well.

I just can't believe the $$$ people are charging for this setup. I bought one this summer at an auction. I really wanted the machine in the cabinet and the auctioneer started the bidding at $10. I was the only bidder.... yeah!! But it was super heavy to haul out of that basement.... the DH was grumbling the whole time. And, I had to buy a bobbin case and cord so I have $25-30 in it. It's an awesome machine (15-91) and an awesome deco style cabinet. And mine has the original ink well in the left drawer, and the stool. I was pretty lucky to get that one as cheaply as I did.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:34 AM

The one for $50 is tempting. I don't own a 15 yet and the machine looks good. It would be a serious upgrade over my daughter's 101. Fixing missing veneer is a real pain though. Maybe after Christmas if it's still around. I know the budget is pretty skinny until then anyway and the people selling might be interested in a lower price by then. Maybe I'm spoiled. After paying a lot less for running machines $299 seems pretty steep for the blond one though it appears to be in good shape.
Good info on how o get the drawers out.
Rodney

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: language