Odd Machine anyone??

Old 01-31-2014, 05:26 AM

I snipe all the type, but I do it by hand. Really can raise the heart rate for a bit LOL!! I make sure to put in my max amount as I know I won't have a second change, and I've gotten right up to my max (and even outbid) a few times, but that is what makes it fun!

I don't like to bid early - for two reasons
1. too often someone will come along and bid in $2 increments until they get the high bid, and then they stop there. Almost always they are a real low count bidder, and I always wonder if they aren't shill bidding.
2. (main reason) I'll bid on something ending in a few days - and then a comparable item - only nicer or a low "Buy it now" shows up. And I'm stuck with the high bidding on something I no longer want. Now I watch, and I'd say about 25% of the time I end up not bidding on the first item I started watching as something better came up after.

I don't feel sorry for anyone I out bid in the last seconds. I always bid the Max I want to spend in one bid, and if they bid early and wanted to pay less, so be it. I'm knocking out those that only want to pay one bid amount over me, not those that actually want to pay more than I want to pay.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
I snipe all the type, but I do it by hand. Really can raise the heart rate for a bit LOL!! I make sure to put in my max amount as I know I won't have a second change, and I've gotten right up to my max (and even outbid) a few times, but that is what makes it fun!
I've tried esnipe a few times. It seems to work well and you can change your mind but I'm not sure how much I'd have to pay if I had won anything. I enjoy looking for Buy in Now bargains that are only a few hours old and obscure stuff.

Jon