Parts question

Old 06-21-2024, 04:47 AM

Default Parts question

Ok. So, I’ve been on one wanting a hand crank machine. I bought a 1907 66k treadle but she was going to be too complicated to convert, no boss, longer hand wheel bushing… so I bought a 1926 66 off eBay. Got delivered yesterday, damaged. The box had to have been dropped. Smashed the pressure bar down, broke the pressure foot lever, bent the foot. Not great.The seller was fantastic and worked with me on that. I found a couple parts lots that have all the pieces I’d need to fix this issue. My question is, can I use parts from a 1951 66 on my 1926? It’s the pressure bar assembly specifically. I’d imagine yes but wanted a second opinion before I purchased. Thanks y’all.
Old 06-21-2024, 04:58 AM

KS, I wish I was more help. Janey is the only one who posts here anymore who knows the answer to some of your questions. Have you tried VSS? If I have an old sewing machine problem (all of my sewing machines are old Singers) that I can't solve, that's where I go. A lot of those guys used to post here, but don't anymore. They are many more people who do post there, so your chances of getting a good answer are greater.

bkay
Old 06-21-2024, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the help! I just created an account and cross posted. Hopefully someone can give me some guidance.