Pfaff 1475

Old 10-04-2017, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

Default Pfaff 1475

Not sure if this machine is old enough to qualify for posting here,, but

I brought a Pfaff 1475 home on Monday, Oct 2. I am so excited about it!

The original owner still had the original packing materials and box for it!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:15 PM

I love mine and would still be using it as my primary, but my wife bought a new machine and I inherited her old one. It is probably a late 80's or early 90's machine made in Germany. The IDT on the Pfaffs is a great feature. I hope you love yours like I do mine.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM

Lucky you. I hear they are nice machines.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:21 AM

I bought a 1473 to replace my dying machine and I really enjoy it. It a huge upgrade from my other machine. I especially like the IDT, needle down , low bobbin light, and push button reverse.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:00 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I et a friend use my pfaff 1171 I loved that machine but she put the top down to hard and broke off the presser foot gadget if anyone knows where I can buy another 1171 in good condition I am open to searching it out
Old 10-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dodie
I don't know if this is the right place to post but I et a friend use my pfaff 1171 I loved that machine but she put the top down to hard and broke off the presser foot gadget if anyone knows where I can buy another 1171 in good condition I am open to searching it out
If everything else is okay, you might be able to get it fixed.

It's always risky lending things out to people.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:46 AM

I bought the 1475 CD (creative designer) new in mid 80's and I think I pd about $2400. It came with a box you connect to machine to transfer design stitches you have created on a gridded card. Mine is practically new. Yes, I loved everything about it but the buttonholes--could never get two to look the same. I discovered embroidery with a Brother combo machine, and it sewed so perfectly that I abandoned the Pfaff. Maybe I'll start it up again one day. Been thinking about creating a stitch for holding the four corners of Cathedral Windows quilt I'm starting. Maybe the CD and something like a "plus sign" that would catch the points. Is that making sense? Could it work? So many blocks, and I remember the last one I made that connections were made by hand.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:23 AM

the 1171 was just under the 1475 buy I loved it as for straight sewing it was wonderful which made many quilts on and used it for stippling is a good heavy duty machine and light enough to carry to classes which I would love to buy another if I could ever find on I also have the 7550 which I love I also have the Bernina 440QE which is a wonderful machine but anytime I am sewing anything that needs the walking foot I always go back to the Pfaff
Old 10-06-2017, 07:49 AM

I have been buying Pfaff machines for 50 years, starting with the 1222 and still use it all the time, I also have the Creative Sensation and 4 others that I use off and on. They are great machines.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:15 AM

Default 1475 cd,

Originally Posted by mermaid
I bought the 1475 CD (creative designer) new in mid 80's and I think I pd about $2400. It came with a box you connect to machine to transfer design stitches you have created on a gridded card. Mine is practically new. Yes, I loved everything about it but the buttonholes--could never get two to look the same. I discovered embroidery with a Brother combo machine, and it sewed so perfectly that I abandoned the Pfaff. Maybe I'll start it up again one day. Been thinking about creating a stitch for holding the four corners of Cathedral Windows quilt I'm starting. Maybe the CD and something like a "plus sign" that would catch the points. Is that making sense? Could it work? So many blocks, and I remember the last one I made that connections were made by hand.
I bought mine new in the 80's, loved it so much that years later I saw one on ebay and bought it for back-up or parts. Still have both and get them out occasionally. A great machine!