Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Picture #2 of my "new" vintage machine >
  • Picture #2 of my "new" vintage machine

• Picture #2 of my "new" vintage machine

Old 02-13-2012, 06:51 AM

Default Picture #2 of my "new" vintage machine

Here is a second picture of my machine. It seems I can only post 1 pic at a time. Maybe when I get more experience with this, I will get better at it. My problem was I did not resize them enough.
    Thanks for looking. Any comments?
    Attached Thumbnails inger-seww-005-640x480-.jpg  
    Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 AM

She gorgeous! She looks so clean and shiny. Decals look great. Have you sewn with her yet?

best,
    d
    Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 AM

Oh My Carol - she is gorgeous, gorgeous, Gorgeous! Just like mine but so fancy! We just do not see many machines down here with any of the fancier decals, other than Sphinx - I really want to find one with red on it - a Red Eye or like yours... La Vincendora...only found on the 127/128's

Joann

...and to post more pics you have to go through the whole procedure again - browse, click, hit upload, wait until it shows up in the que, then again as many times as you like - and they all have to be small enough or they will not upload.

Last edited by JMCDA; 02-13-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Pretty 128!! Those are the La Vencedora decals, according to ISMACS, those decals were used from 1912 to 1960. Congrats! [h=3][/h]
    Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 AM

I have her twin. What is her serial number? Mine is in the waiting line for R and R.
    Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 AM

I don't know what happened to the 1st pic I posted, it showed up in the preview but I don't see it here. Regardless, this pic is good. Isn't she gorgeous????? As Charlee so generously advised me, I used sewing machine oil, wiped & repeated the process. I lightly sanded the case as it was in dire need of some TLC. It has a couple of chips missing from the wood but now looks great. I have wanted a vintage machine since "forever" so this is my first. My 1st choice is a "red eye" but that will be next to impossible because of where I live. This one is good alternative. When I saw it in person, I thought it was a La Vencedora but I wasn't sure. I live 500 miles north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada so we are pretty far removed from a lot of the resources that larger more urban centres have but we don't live in the sticks because we also don't have a lot of the problems that larger centres have, either. The chances of me finding a "red eye" is slim at best. I love this one, just the same. Thank you Charlee for your advice. You are a valuable resource for us.
    Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 AM

Her serial # G0155842. Isn't she gorgeous??? A few of her decals have some little chips but nothing drastic. Her plates are in amazing shape even before I cleaned & polished. Her case is a little worse for wear but I did a little sanding & some light stain & she looks great, now. Those domed cases are so nifty. She is my first, so of course, like your first child, she was spoiled right away with some TLC.
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 AM

I used to live in Huntsville and we would "take a drive" up to Timmins once in a while LOL! did you get her off Kijiji or privately? I have seen one Red Eye on Kijiji down in Windsor and I think a couple like yours in that area too - I will probably have to shop over the border to find one.

J

Originally Posted by callen
    Her serial # G0155842. Isn't she gorgeous??? A few of her decals have some little chips but nothing drastic. Her plates are in amazing shape even before I cleaned & polished. Her case is a little worse for wear but I did a little sanding & some light stain & she looks great, now. Those domed cases are so nifty. She is my first, so of course, like your first child, she was spoiled right away with some TLC.
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:19 AM

Wow, those decals are gorgeous. So ornate. Nice looking machine. Doe she need a lot of work or is she ready to sew?
    Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Gorgeous machine. Thanks for posting.