Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Atlas Deluxe??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/atlas-deluxe-t190822.html)

georgiaclark 06-05-2012 05:02 AM

A Pink machine? For $5? How lucky can you get.

A Singer 15 instruction book, available for free online download, will work.

Enjoy!

grannysewer 06-05-2012 05:23 AM

Pretty Atlas, I have one like it, too!!

jaciqltznok 06-05-2012 06:13 AM

they are like the Cadillacs of the sewing world...but it...

cabbagepatchkid 06-05-2012 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From what Billy (lostin51) told me, they were made by Brother. I bought my Atlas from Billy and love it!!

My tension is on the front but since yours is on the side then you would consider yours to be a model 15 clone. There is a thread somewhere on this board where you can post pictures of your 15 clones.

HiDesertQuilter 06-05-2012 04:07 PM

My hubby had seen a sewing machine case laying in a garbage pile in a mans yard for a long time. This man lived up in the woods in the rainy part of Oregon....loads of rain. The wooden case was waterlogged. He asked the guy if there was a machine in it, "yep", he says then my hubby asked if he could have it, "sure" he says, "take it" (not much of a talker). My husband opened it up, looked inside, and hurried right home. I have a Pink Atlas also! S262296 That case stunk so bad. The machine, thru some miracle, was like new although it stunk too until it aired out. We gave it a thorough cleaning and a new case. I was so excited to have it because I had seen this really flamboyant lady sewing dresses on one in a movie and had fallen in love with her machine. Little did I know I would own one someday. I have several machines but the Pink Atlas gets to do the job when I sew for my little grandaughter. Mine matches the second picture on page 1. Enjoy your machine!

ThayerRags 06-06-2012 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 5267857)
My tension is on the front ...

Thanks for posting a photo of your Pink Atlas. It’s different than the first two examples.

I wonder how many different versions of the Pink Atlas there were?

CD in Oklahoma

HiDesertQuilter 06-06-2012 07:53 AM

I've only seen the three shown and I've looked for years on the internet.

Sewgardengirl 05-30-2020 09:19 PM

Yours is like mine!

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 5267857)
From what Billy (lostin51) told me, they were made by Brother. I bought my Atlas from Billy and love it!!

My tension is on the front but since yours is on the side then you would consider yours to be a model 15 clone. There is a thread somewhere on this board where you can post pictures of your 15 clones.

Yours is like mine!

leonf 05-31-2020 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bed logo on mine. One is for sale locally for $70. I am not chasing it.