Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Basic motor cleaning tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/basic-motor-cleaning-tutorial-t168912.html)

Charlee 11-18-2011 07:08 PM

This is terrific Bennett!! Thank you SO much! :)

justtrish 11-18-2011 08:05 PM

Yippee thanks for this. :)

redmadder 11-19-2011 03:22 AM

That was an exciting tutorial. I was holding my breath while reading. Now for the courage to try this! Thank you.

mymsmess 11-19-2011 04:37 AM

Thanks for the info, now if I could only figure how to save it so I can come back to it when needed.....lol

Caroline S 11-19-2011 06:38 AM

Thank you Bennett. I wish I had your tute when I took my first motor apart. It is now on it's way to my brother in South Carolina to clean and put it back together. Perhaps those of us who are attempting our first motor project should also have some info regarding what to look for in order to determine when a motor is not repairable.

Caroline S 11-19-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by mymsmess (Post 4697077)
Thanks for the info, now if I could only figure how to save it so I can come back to it when needed.....lol

My little tute of basics for Tammy:
1. Go to first page of thread.
2. On the top right is a spot that says "Thread Tools", click on it and a drop down box line shows "Subscribe to Thread"
3. Click on Subscribe
4. To view after subscribing go to "MY Profile" at the top of the page.
5. Click on "Quick Links" and voila there is the list of all of the threads you have subscribed to.

Hope this helps you.

franc36 11-19-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4697596)
My little tute of basics for Tammy:
1. Go to first page of thread.
2. On the top right is a spot that says "Thread Tools", click on it and a drop down box line shows "Subscribe to Thread"
3. Click on Subscribe
4. To view after subscribing go to "MY Profile" at the top of the page.
5. Click on "Quick Links" and voila there is the list of all of the threads you have subscribed to.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks so much for this information and thanks, Caroline, for telling me how to get back to this tutorial. I had bookmarked it; but was not sure how to get back to it. Now, thanks to you, I can read it any time I want to.

valleyquiltermo 11-19-2011 07:15 AM

This is really helpful for my old singers. I better get started, I have about 15, oh my...Thanks bunches

Sallyflymi 11-19-2011 07:54 AM

That was a great tut. Thank you for sharing that with us. I may even tackle my old Kenmore motor. Still works like a charm.

Bennett 11-19-2011 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by redmadder (Post 4696938)
That was an exciting tutorial. I was holding my breath while reading. Now for the courage to try this! Thank you.

Believe me, the first one I tried this on was on a project that couldn't be hurt, it was in such bad shape. That made it easier! I still haven't take apart one of the Singer motors lying around that have the light direct wired in. All the wires still kind of intimidate me!