Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Davis Verticle Feed, here she is, picture heavy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/davis-verticle-feed-here-she-picture-heavy-t183974.html)

jlhmnj 03-26-2012 01:21 PM

Hi Caroline,

Looks like you have a boat shuttle from possibly an earlier Davis. Hard to come by. Good luck with the new "baby".

Jon

Charlee 03-26-2012 01:37 PM

Jon, so Caroline's machine, from 1904-5, would have a "regular" bullet shuttle?

jlhmnj 03-26-2012 02:15 PM

Yessum, hopefully it's in the machine.

Jon

Caroline S 03-26-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 5092458)
Yessum, hopefully it's in the machine.

Jon

Yep, there is a shuttle in the machine besides the one in the drawer. Going down to take it out and take pictures.

Caroline S 03-26-2012 06:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5092605)
Yep, there is a shuttle in the machine besides the one in the drawer. Going down to take it out and take pictures.

Pics of the shuttles. Top shuttle is the "boat" shuttlle that obvviosly does not belong to the sewing machine.The bottom shuttle was in the sewing machine. The second photo shows the shuttles and the bobbin with vintage thread still on it. Note that the "boat" shuttle is a little shorter and fatter.

Charlee 03-26-2012 07:12 PM

Cool!! You can send the boat shuttle to me!! :D (I know....it's a sin to covet...but I'm so very good at it! LOL!!) (And I should also add that I'm joking...I have two for mine....)

jlhmnj 03-26-2012 07:21 PM

Hi,

Doesn't look like a Davis boat shuttle. Interesting to figure out what machine it belonged to, though. I'm sure someone out there would love to have it.

Jon

Caroline S 03-26-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj (Post 5093176)
Hi,

Doesn't look like a Davis boat shuttle. Interesting to figure out what machine it belonged to, though. I'm sure someone out there would love to have it.

Jon

I agree with you Jon. It is not a Davis boat shuttle. The Davis shuttle is marked Davis. I am going to take other pictures of it tomorrow and post them. I did do a little Internet searching trying to find an image of the one I have and so far no luck. So far it is an unknown.

jamsbuying 03-27-2012 09:23 AM

Congratulations!!

jlhmnj 03-27-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5093337)
I agree with you Jon. It is not a Davis boat shuttle. The Davis shuttle is marked Davis. I am going to take other pictures of it tomorrow and post them. I did do a little Internet searching trying to find an image of the one I have and so far no luck. So far it is an unknown.

Hi Caroline,
Think Davis only marked their shuttles for a period of time, most of my bullet shuttles are not marked and none of my boat shuttles are.

Enjoy
Jon