Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   How do I expidite a decision ?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/how-do-i-expidite-decision-t207557.html)

J Miller 12-04-2012 03:40 PM

Machines "I'd" sell in a heartbeat ... if my wife will let me . :)

>Singer 413 x 2
>Singer 3810 (missing the bed, but has manual and is ready to sew)
>Singer 518*
>Singer 4622A*
>American Home; basic Japanese ZZ ( Case looks like crap - really, somebody painted it with dark brown paint :puke: )
>Singer 66-4 ( no case but is complete and ready to sew otherwise)
>Dial 'n Sew: basic Japanese ZZ ( case looks crappy, it was busted all to heck but I glued it back together. Machine sews great. No manual.)
>Kenmore 120-491 ( I got to fix the top tension, otherwise it's good to go. Complete with box, manual, accessories, bobbins, needles{substitutes but they work})
>Singer 15-91 ** Ugly toad with no case, but complete otherwise, cleaned and lubed, rewired with cord set and ready to sew.
>Singer 66-18 X 2 ** Godzilla paint. Not sure I want to part with these but I have three of them. If someone would pay my price, bye bye.
>Minnesota Model A ( Treadle machine with no treadle. Finish is fair but she would sew if she had a home.)
>W&G Industrial HS lock stitch machine, Type 10 ( No table or motor, but I've got needles and one bobbin. Also a manual to print out.)

* = Wife won't let me.
** = I'm hedging on these.

I'm sure there is more.

( Note to moderators. This is not an add to sell machines, just a list of some I could and might part with.

Joe

Silver Needle 12-04-2012 03:51 PM

I'm surprised at the desire to sell 15-91. It's one of my favorites to piece on

Mitch's mom 12-04-2012 04:04 PM

I only see 4 with asterisk's; remove those 4 from your list and sell the rest. None of them are collectible but they are useable and maybe, just maybe, there is someone in your area who can put a serviced, reasonably priced machine to good use. I'm not saying you do not use or appreciate them, what I'm saying is sell off the chaff to recoup your money (possibly a bit more) to re-invest in machines of higher quality or better condition to improve your collection.

J Miller 12-04-2012 04:14 PM

Cheryl,

I have beauty of a 210-2 that runs oh so sweet that I can piece on if I want. It's everything the 15-91 is and then some. Plus it's nice to look at too. Like I said the 15-91 is a toad. I've never been able to clean the gunk off it. It works, but ....
I really just bought it to teach myself to rewire a potted motor. If it wern't for that I wouldn't have bothered.

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom[/QUOTE
I only see 4 with asterisk's; remove those 4 from your list and sell the rest. None of them are collectible but they are useable and maybe, just maybe, there is someone in your area who can put a serviced, reasonably priced machine to good use. I'm not saying you do not use or appreciate them, what I'm saying is sell off the chaff to recoup your money (possibly a bit more) to re-invest in machines of higher quality or better condition to improve your collection.

Yep.

Joe

Lyncat 12-05-2012 02:07 PM

I have a 1950 Morse Fotomatic. It is so powerful and has a good built in Zig Zag stitch. I love it!

Originally Posted by makitmama (Post 5695668)
Joe, I LOVE my Morses. I have a Fotomatic IV with a lot of different stitches, a 4300, and an earlier ZZ machine.
The IV has only one plastic gear anywhere- and my sewing machine guy took it out and replaced it with a metal one. It was in the feed dog drive, if I remember correctly. The other machines have no plastic.

J Miller 12-05-2012 03:16 PM

If I had a Morse, it would not be on the sale list that's for sure. They are some of the prettiest machines I've seen. Not had the chance to get one though.

Joe

OHSue 12-05-2012 04:18 PM

Since you say you like to tinker a bit, maybe what you really should think of is there anyone I know who would use / like / need this machine. Either sell or gift it to that person. That way you are still connected to that machine and yet it isn't taking up space in your home.
I am a spinner and I was really into collecting drop spindles for a while. But eventually I realized that a lot of those I had were really just for looks and I really only liked to use 4 or 5 of them. So over time I sold some on eBay and gifted some to friends who I taught to spin. Some of these folks didn't have the ability to purchase one of these nice spindles and it made a nice gift, and for my fellow spinners who were still caught up in collecting, they loved adding something new to the collection.

irishrose 12-05-2012 10:42 PM

Tough question - you've answered yours.

Mine: Elna - never - she and I have been together since 1973
1956 Singer 301 - nope, AnnieRose is the piecer and FMQer
1961 Kenmore, bye, bye if I could get at her - her tension was the reason I bought the Elna
1928 Leader - pretty as a picture, but treadles hard, so good-bye
1926 White Family Rotary - - don't know yet - she will be a beauty
1952 blackside 128 with a bentwood case - bye to him - too homely, IMO
1918 Redeye - my son searched 5 states for her - need I say more?
1950s MW 15 clone - a shiny black beauty with shamrocks. How can I let the shamrocks go?
1950s Admiral - another black beauty that looks like a Necchi, though it's a Brother machine with gorgeous Art Deco trim in turquoise - it can leave
1940s Necchi in cabinet - excellent condition, but it doesn't say keep me, though I do like the knee control and it was my best FMQ back up when Annie blew her cord and I hadn't purchased the second 301 yet
1952 Singer 301 - no relationship yet, but Ilike having a back up for AnnieRose
Singer 404 - still in pieces, but will be a good machine
1950s Universal - has to stay - it looks like my mother's treasured White from the 50s
1970s MW - plastic body with metal guts - has some stitches the Elna doesn't have ????
I'm trying not to add any more!

miriam 12-06-2012 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a MW clone with the shamrocks - very nice machine - the shamrocks are on the nose plate and on the round hole cover in the back and on the decals. Love it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380470[/ATTACH]

J Miller 12-06-2012 06:06 AM

Miriam,

Did that MW come from GW? I look at all the clones even if I'm not interested in them. I remember seeing a MW clone within the last couple months that was interesting but not enough to go for.

Joe