Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

4dogs 11-14-2011 12:54 PM

I just finished the top of one, using my treadle........havenet got it quilted yet............will it work on the treadle, with no walking foot? (sorry, I dont know much about this yet).......

Surfergirl 11-14-2011 01:02 PM

All the quilting projects are just beautiful! I also have a nice collection of vintage sewing machines and do all my quilting on them...will post pics when I get a chance.

vintagemotif 11-14-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs (Post 4679277)
I just finished the top of one, using my treadle........havenet got it quilted yet............will it work on the treadle, with no walking foot? (sorry, I dont know much about this yet).......

What is your sewing machine in treadle? Some of us use Singer 15s in treadle to free motion quilt. One quilter has been using his Singer 66 in treadle to free motion quilt. I used a Singer 66 to quilt a baby quilt that was just straight stitching once.

purplefiend 11-14-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 4dogs (Post 4679277)

If you're doing straight line quilting you can do it on a treadle without a walking foot. I have quilted several with my Singer 201k treadle, I took most of the foot pressure off and it works great. For free motion quilting , I use either my 15-90 or 237 treadles.
Sharon W. in Texas

Wings 11-16-2011 02:08 AM

Love the quilts, well done. Is that a walking foot on the Singer 201K and if so how do you find it works?

sewingsusie 11-17-2011 04:03 PM

very nice quilt!

Crossstitcher 11-17-2011 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic. of a quilt I made for the Safe House for Battered Woman. They are going to raffel it off. I used my 404 machine which I happed to buy from them.

vintagemotif 11-18-2011 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 4691582)
Here is a pic. of a quilt I made for the Safe House for Battered Woman. They are going to raffel it off. I used my 404 machine which I happed to buy from them.

Pretty quilt for a very good cause.

miriam 11-18-2011 12:59 AM

Those old Singer 404s are very under-rated. Everybody wants a 301 or a FW but you can pick up a 404 for not too much and they will sew just fine. I think they are really great for learning on. You can't mess up the needle thread - it goes straight back. The bobbin drops in so you can't lose the case. You can check to see if the bobbin is empty real easy. The needle sets forward so you can see. Those machines are gear driven. They are all metal. I wonder if that is why so many learned to sew in home-ec back in the day when those were the school machine.

It looks like a quilt that will draw people to buy a raffle ticket. Very well done!

lovelyl 11-18-2011 04:01 AM

Beautiful quilt and great cause! Is there a name to the quilt pattern or did you design it yourself?