Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Removing draws from cabinet 42 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/removing-draws-cabinet-42-a-t253206.html)

vintagelady 09-07-2014 07:53 PM

Rodney, Thank you.

Donna, I am laughing at what you did because that is exactly what I am planning on doing. I would love to see some pics. I need to get her rewired before I even think about doing the veneer.

Cari-in-Oly 09-07-2014 08:30 PM

Very nice, that machine's a stunner. The pinking shears in the original package is cool too. I got two pairs last month in different packaging with some sewing stuff from Goodwill, but still vintage Wiss that are essentially brand new.

Cari

QuiltMom2 09-08-2014 03:49 AM

Great machine and good luck with the refinishing project when you get to it!

NJ Quilter 09-08-2014 04:09 AM

Welcome from NJ. Very nice machine and cabinet as well. I'm envious. Wish I had more room for all the various machines I want!

KLO 09-08-2014 05:37 AM

Good to see those drawers out. As I mentioned, mine was stuffed with some old sewing patterns so I was glad someone on the QB was able to help me get them out. Your cabinet looks pretty much like mine except for the color/wood so maybe mine is a #42 also. I am so glad to hear that you will soon be able to sew again. And what a great machine to do that with ..... sturdy, simple, easy to clean and oil, etc. You will be churning out quilts (or whatever else you like to sew) in no time. Oh and I also forgot to welcome you to the QB. Stay with us and learn. I know I have. There are some real informative and machine smart people here who are always willing to share their knowledge .... as you (and I) have found out.

vintagelady 09-08-2014 08:48 AM

KLO, Thank you!

I am not going anywhere. Like I said, I feel like I hit the lottery. It is so nice being able to chat with people with the same interests. I do not have one single friend that sews or does any kind of crafting. I have trouble wrapping my mind around that.

Cari-in-Oly 09-08-2014 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by vintagelady (Post 6879731)
KLO, Thank you!

I am not going anywhere. Like I said, I feel like I hit the lottery. It is so nice being able to chat with people with the same interests. I do not have one single friend that sews or does any kind of crafting. I have trouble wrapping my mind around that.

You and I are practically in the same boat. My BFF sews and embroiders like me but we seldom can work out our schedules to do it together and she thinks I'm nuts because of all my machines. When I found this forum I was one happy camper.

Cari

sdhaevrsi 09-08-2014 06:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Congratulations on your beautiful new machine, and cabinet, too. Here is a photo of mine that I just got a few months ago. My Cabinet #42, before and after.

Cari-in-Oly 09-08-2014 08:51 PM

Beautiful! Nice work on the cabinet.

Cari

vintagelady 09-09-2014 04:25 AM

Sheri, You did a wonderful job refinishing the desk. It looks beautiful. Hope I can get mine to look as nice. I will not refinish it until the spring. I want to to get another machine or two or three. I am too anxious to get going on learning to quilt to take the time to refinish right now.