Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Shall I try and get this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/shall-i-try-get-machine-t216956.html)

miriam 03-25-2013 01:38 PM

If you use heat you will still need to get the old oil off the machine.

Stitchnripper 03-25-2013 01:40 PM

I am hoping I can do that if it starts to move. The other side was stuck too when I brought it home but the oil took care of that.

miriam 03-25-2013 03:55 PM

One part of that knob pushes in and the other pulls out then turns while the little plate is out. The knob will not turn if the plate is remotely in the slot.

Stitchnripper 03-25-2013 05:41 PM

The plate on the other side stays in the slot. It seems like that is what lifts it. Now the plate on the stuck side goes all the way into the slot, but has never been all the way out of the slot. I have been pushing and pulling in every combination I can think of. Will try again tomorrow. Maybe some miracle will occur during the night!!

miriam 03-25-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5954472)
The plate on the other side stays in the slot. It seems like that is what lifts it. Now the plate on the stuck side goes all the way into the slot, but has never been all the way out of the slot. I have been pushing and pulling in every combination I can think of. Will try again tomorrow. Maybe some miracle will occur during the night!!

have you read the manual?

Stitchnripper 03-25-2013 06:09 PM

Yes - several times. I have it open to the page where it describes how to change the positions on the stitch selector dials.

miriam 03-25-2013 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5954512)
Yes - several times. I have it open to the page where it describes how to change the positions on the stitch selector dials.

If something is out of adjustment you may have to have a repair man look it over. I wish I could reach into the monitor and help turn those knobs. I have one that has a bent shaft - it does not change settings. The rear knob doesn't move right. Does the piggy nose knob look straight?

Stitchnripper 03-25-2013 07:03 PM

I wish you could too. The rear knob works fine. That adjusts the right side of the stitch selector. the one in front that pushes in does move, but, the arm in the slot for the different stitches doesn't budge. It is between the A and B. The piggy nose knob does look straight.

jlhmnj 03-25-2013 07:45 PM

When I'm at a loss I drench the trouble areas with PB Blaster and work it in by operating and moving knobs and spray again and again until everything is working smooth. Sort of a tough machine to start on and very difficult if someone was abusing or tinkering around before you got a hold of it.

Jon

Stitchnripper 03-25-2013 08:11 PM

Thanks. Where do I get PB Blaster?