Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Shall I try and get this machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/shall-i-try-get-machine-t216956.html)

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 04:50 AM

Yes. If I come across one of them, I will get it!!

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane (Post 5954747)
Just to clarify, the pins never truly clear the collars, they just come out of the slots in the pillar piece. If that makes any sense?

For now, it's best to just forget about the red stitch width lever. I think it's issues just may go away once the stitch selector issue is fixed. Best to handle one issue at once.

I think I may have a way to tell what's stuck, so you can focus your efforts. Let me shoot some video for you tomorrow.

Do you have skype and the ability to watch and send video by any chance? I just "upgraded" to it, perhaps I can sort of step through the monitor in a way....

I think I can do that. Never sure with skype if it will work, but, have used it. I haven't tried uploading a video from my phone but will try to do that.

ArchaicArcane 03-26-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5954832)
The video is excellent, Tammi! I love your accent - QB is the world!!!
One other thing. When you move one knob the plate thing should be resting in the groove on the other post.

Yes, this is a good point. I forgot to mention that.

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5955106)
Tammi - great video!! My flapper moves with the red lever, but I can't move it by hand. Cindy, I have tried moving the other knob and it is in the K position when I try to adjust the left side. I have tried pushing hard. Here is something else of interest I found.

http://sewingmachinenut.blogspot.com...cam-stack.html

PS My name is Alyce

Whatever else we do, please don't take the cam stack apart. It's not the issue. The issue is the pins that the link shows behind. Or the rear one anyway.

If the flapper won't move, then the right side stitch selector shouldn't work either. Does it move in one direction and not the other? Does anything else I mentioned in the video move? Even a little? Do the "plates" that go into the slots look like they're fully seated, like in the video, or partly out?

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5955216)
I think I can do that. Never sure with skype if it will work, but, have used it. I haven't tried uploading a video from my phone but will try to do that.

Let's hold skype as a last resort. If you can get some video up on youtube, that's the best scenario. Then we can all look at it, that many brains working on it, instead of just mine and yours means we'll find the problem for sure.

OK,.. I'm out to go fix computers. Back in about 9 hours, I hope.

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 08:58 AM

Will try later. Status update. the flapper moves. the gizmo behind it moves. The stitch lever moves, the right side moves. Only part that doesn't move is the rear post up and down. At least that's what I think right now.

We are leaving town tomorrow until Monday evening. So, please continue with suggestions because I will be checking email regularly. thanks everyone.

miriam 03-26-2013 09:41 AM

try a little heat on the post and see what it does.

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 12:25 PM

I put some PB Blaster on it. I have been using heat on and off. Can I use heat with the PB Blaster?

miriam 03-26-2013 12:34 PM

If you are worried about heat use a rice sock

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 12:48 PM

Good idea. Am working on that now

miriam 03-26-2013 12:54 PM

The rice sock may have steam - cover it in plastic

Stitchnripper 03-26-2013 02:02 PM

Good news!!! Ta da!!!! Mr. Stitchnripper worked with me and we got the sleeve to move up the column in the back! Will still have to tinker and clean it up and see if it is functional. Too bad we are leaving town tomorrow. But, will try and work on it more this evening if I can get everything done here. I hope it doesn't freeze up again while we are gone.

Thanks for all your suggestions and I will keep posting my progress!!!!