Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

hobbykat1955 04-15-2011 05:35 AM

Thank you ladies...then I'll feel confident if buying class 66 bobbins on ebay...And right now I'll keep it Electric. I have my Grandmothers old Singer cabinet that I'm hoping she'll fit into..Grandma's rusted out due to dampness and storage in basement...when I wasn't thinking abt old machines...will be looking into rehabing her one of these days.

BoJangles 04-15-2011 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
But do you search for sewing machines in advance or just check out all yard sales? We have friends that spend a lot of time looking at ads, setting a route up in their GPS, I just don't have quite that much energy! If I see yard sales around here close by I try to stop in, but I'm bad about pre-planning. I wonder how much I miss :roll:

We do a search on Craigslist for yard/garage/estate sales here close, but we just enjoy the little hunting trips on Saturday morning. We live in a rural area so we just go and follow signs mostly -- most of my machines were found that way -- no pre plan just by accident.

Nancy

BoJangles 04-15-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Garage saling today brought these pretties. I don't know how they could get any more chrome on the Dressmaker, lol. Paid $10 each. Very seldom do I get one with cams.

Wow Tommi, you got each of those for 10 bucks cams included! Geeze, I thought I got a good deal, but that is fantastic! They all look nice too!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-15-2011 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by emmah
Stopped in a neighboring town's Salvation Army where three nice condition older sewing machines were sitting in the back. I came home with this one because the color was pretty. The other two were Singers from 70's. ($15) It is branded Fiatelli --maybe after the car? Made in Japan with an American motor.

That looks alot like the one I just got with a similar color! Wow, another 15 clone made in Japan -- those are the greatest machines! Very well made! Congratulations! I want to find one of those clones in red!

Nancy

BoJangles 04-15-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Billy can you tell me what type of bobbins this machine takes? Is this considered a "redeye"...It is dated 1910.
Also confused since research tells me it's a 66 but booklet that came with the machine shows 99?

Sharon already answered your question. You do have a beautiful Redeye Model 66. That machine looks to be in great shape. Wow, I thought the Redeye decals were started in about 1910 or later -- you must have one of the first Model 66 Redeyes if yours is a 1910 machine!

Nancy

emmah 04-15-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Greenini: Thank you for posting the pictures of the attachments. I was wondering what the differences was between a walking foot and a blind stitch attachment. Thanks for sharing.

Tommie: Gotta love going on treasure hunts and coming home with some very nice finds :)

Hobbykat: I think Billy had said at one point that all Redeyes were 66's. Beautiful machine. Are you going to keep it electric or convert it to a treadle?

Emmah: I really like your new Fiatelli. Did she come with a manual by chance?

Judy

No Manual, but it is a clone of the 15 with a few very nice features added, like feed dog down, and a little view port for the stitch length number. I will just copy a singer 15 manual.

Kitzone 04-15-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Originally Posted by emmah
Stopped in a neighboring town's Salvation Army where three nice condition older sewing machines were sitting in the back. I came home with this one because the color was pretty. The other two were Singers from 70's. ($15) It is branded Fiatelli --maybe after the car? Made in Japan with an American motor.

That looks alot like the one I just got with a similar color! Wow, another 15 clone made in Japan -- those are the greatest machines! Very well made! Congratulations! I want to find one of those clones in red!

Nancy

Nancy~ Just in case no one has mentioned this lately :) You are an enable first class! I have never seen a RED one and have added this to my wish list. lol. Planning on going to an auction this weekend maybe I'll see one.

Judy

Foxflower 04-15-2011 07:34 AM

Where can I get a Singer Model 15 manual?

cabbagepatchkid 04-15-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
Where can I get a Singer Model 15 manual?

Here you go :-D http://www.a1sewingmachine.com/manuals/15k.pdf

Kitzone 04-15-2011 07:46 AM

Foxflower ~ you can buy them fairly resonably on eBay or if you would like a copy, there are several websites that offer copies for $10.00 - $15.00.

Ismacs website has several that you can download for free: http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html