Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

quiltdoctor 10-14-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan

I am speechless!

Wait till you see the other one tomorrow. It is really unique.

Texas Jan

Charlee 10-14-2011 05:04 PM

I gave the Red Eye the spa treatment, but needed a new display box for her to sit in. I did some talking to our Glenn and we made a deal to trade my Singer 319 for two custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a WONDERFUL job!! Gotta love our Glenn...he's the cat's meow in my book!! :)

Glenn 10-14-2011 05:15 PM

Thank you.
Glenn

Kathie S. 10-14-2011 05:17 PM

Texas Jan

You and Glenn did a beautiful job. Kathie

quiltdoctor 10-14-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Texas Jan

Absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a WONDERFUL job!! Gotta love our Glenn...he's the cat's meow in my book!! :)

He is quite a fella !!! The one I will show tomorrow is my Wheel-Wilson #8 that I bought when I was in New York. I just have the machine, and he made the neatest display box for it just from the measurements I sent.

Texas Jan

Celeste 10-14-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

I gave the Red Eye the spa Glenn an. . .made (this) custom display boxes. Here is my Red Eye now, all decked out in her new box with the fancy attached little box. Aren't they both beautiful !!!

Texas Jan

You and Glenn did a beautiful job. Kathie

I agree! It took our breath away!

Suzi 10-14-2011 05:30 PM

Really nice ...... you two work well together!

grayhare 10-14-2011 05:31 PM

Texas Jan

Wow! the machine looks so beautiful! and the case just sets it off, Looks very elegant!

quiltdoctor 10-14-2011 05:37 PM

Thanks Everybody !! I just love the way they look.

Texas Jan

deplaylady 10-14-2011 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finished cleaning my 15-30. I put a repro hand crank on it also and painted out the Chinese letters - fortunately mine moves really smoothly and quietly. I had bought the machine for $20 and it was missing the slide plate - and the box. I bought a wood box on eBay that was covered with ugly wallpaper.I removed the wallpaper thinking I would paint it but the joints didn't look very good. So I put red oak veneer on it and stained it. Here is the finished product:

Singer 15-30 "Gretel" 10/19/1915
[ATTACH=CONFIG]271437[/ATTACH]