Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Candace 10-29-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by buslady

Originally Posted by Candace
I bought this 301 locally in the table with cradle. I've removed it from the table and am trying to sell that on CL and just keep the machine. It needed a LOT of cleaning and love and the nicotine just ran off of it... A ton of elbow grease and she's running beautifully!

The shortbed looks bigger than the longbed, is it? Or is it the way pic took?

No, it's not larger.

Candace 10-29-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Hey everyone do you you know where or who has a zig zag needle plate for the 319w? I think Candace is going to sell me one of her 319's, but it only has the single hole plate. I will need a zig zag plate so I can use the decorative stitches!

Kathie, can you e-mail me Cathy's number from the TOGA - I lost it!

Nancy

Those 319s have an odd plate. I wonder if you can have it drilled out.

That's a good idea, Miriam. It could be drilled out.

miriam 10-29-2011 09:01 AM

Hey everyone do you you know where or who has a zig zag needle plate for the 319w? I think Candace is going to sell me one of her 319's, but it only has the single hole plate. I will need a zig zag plate so I can use the decorative stitches!

Nancy

I would take it to a machinist that works on engines or it could go ugly. It is a very odd plate.

Glenn 10-29-2011 09:02 AM

Nice machine and well worth the work you put into it yesterday.
Cleaned up really nice and all the goodies with it. I am glad I could help.
glenn

miriam 10-29-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags

Wow! And what have you done with all those machines?
Were there any real treasures in there?

Nancy

So far I’ve:
Kept 24 heads and 3 cabinet/treadles for myself
Re-homed 34 heads and 12 cabinet/treadles to others
Parted out 26 heads and 1 cabinet
The rest are waiting to be re-homed, or used for donor parts.

Yes, there were some treasures.....at least to my way of thinking. (Notice that I’m keeping a bunch of them? ;)

CD in Oklahoma

I would be like a kid in a candy store...

greenini 10-29-2011 09:10 AM

don't know if y'all have seen the message from PatriceJ about the new software coming on the 1st, here is the announcement:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164085-1.htm

She has added an upload of answers to the questions submitted so far.

Candace 10-29-2011 09:57 AM

Does anyone have a White Rotary 77? My neighbor came by today and will be gifting me one. I've found some info. about them on the net but would like to ask a few questions if someone owns one?

deplaylady 10-29-2011 10:11 AM

Glen this is one of the machines you coached me for the needle breaking thread last night. It is my latest fix up - before and after shots. Later on I would like to start a post for just only pictures of Singer 15s and the 15s clones. If you have a 15 clone please feel free to post pics on there. I'd like it to be mainly photos - we can comment on here or pm. It won't be until later on. Just be ready to put your 15's pic on there please - I'll send a link here when it is ready to go.
And a special thanks to Melinda for making it all possible! She is a real fan of the 15 clones too.

Miriam - I have a question - is the White Model 65 I bought (pictured on page 1764) a Singer 15 'clone'? It has the numbers J-A15 near the serial numbers and the tension is on the front like the clones- sure looks like one to me. I found a manual, but I couldn't find anything else about it.

BoJangles 10-29-2011 10:49 AM

Nancy

I would take it to a machinist that works on engines or it could go ugly. It is a very odd plate.

Miriam, that is a good idea, but I don't want to take a chance on ruining the single hole plate! I will just have to find a zig zag plate!

Nancy

Candace 10-29-2011 11:01 AM

Nancy, these plates are available on ebay.