Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Candace 03-11-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5051505)
Candace,

That is beautiful. What did you use to attach the cover to the underside of the stool?

Now, I need to get me a Singer stool for my treadles.

Joe

Thanks, Joe and all:> I used some heavy duty, hammer-in-type staples.

miriam 03-11-2012 04:26 PM

I think a stool is a good idea with the treadles. I use an old drummer's 'throne' for my Consew. No back on it and it scoots around great but I think a stool is better for treadling.

Charlee 03-11-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5051546)
I think a stool is a good idea with the treadles. I use an old drummer's 'throne' for my Consew. No back on it and it scoots around great but I think a stool is better for treadling.

You're right, it is! You need a chair that doesn't scoot well at all...the stools are perfect! I have 3 of them, and love them!

vintagemotif 03-11-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5051526)
My questions would be these:

How well do you KNOW Billy? Live next door? Been friends with he and Val for years and years? Or is it that you only know him from these forums, and don't really know him at all, other than what's he's told you and what you've seen him type to other people that he wants to have trust him?

How well do you know the ladies who are complaining that he has their machines, has had them in at least one case for YEARS (2)...has one woman's grandmother's machine....took one woman's money for selling her a machine almost a year ago that he still hasn't delivered on...and if you want to talk about someone who is ill...you should talk to her. These people trusted Billy with items that were precious to them, and he has broken that trust. He has lied repeatedly to them telling them that their machines are in the mail, and yet somehow those machines never reach their destinations.

There are two sides to every story, two shoes to every pair. You might want to try BOTH on before you decide one fits better than the other.

That is a very good reason to go running and not posting on the Quilting Board. He not only took their money and machines, but TRUST in others doing right.

Thank you for answering my question.

Glenn 03-11-2012 04:32 PM

I agree stools are better for treadleing but I do have one chair that is great for the treadle machine.

chris_quilts 03-11-2012 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5051526)
My questions would be these:

How well do you KNOW Billy? Live next door? Been friends with he and Val for years and years? Or is it that you only know him from these forums, and don't really know him at all, other than what's he's told you and what you've seen him type to other people that he wants to have trust him?

How well do you know the ladies who are complaining that he has their machines, has had them in at least one case for YEARS (2)...has one woman's grandmother's machine....took one woman's money for selling her a machine almost a year ago that he still hasn't delivered on...and if you want to talk about someone who is ill...you should talk to her. These people trusted Billy with items that were precious to them, and he has broken that trust. He has lied repeatedly to them telling them that their machines are in the mail, and yet somehow those machines never reach their destinations.
There are two sides to every story, two shoes to every pair. You might want to try BOTH on before you decide one fits better than the other.

Charlee; Thanks for explaining this so very well to others who may not know both sides of the story. While I knew some of it, I didn't know how to explain it all. Thanks again.
Chris

Glenn 03-11-2012 04:37 PM

When it comes to Billy listen to Charlee for she knows what she is talking about. When I was in the furniture restoration business if I did something like this I would have gone to jail.

vintagemotif 03-11-2012 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5051559)
I agree stools are better for treadleing but I do have one chair that is great for the treadle machine.

I have a chair that I prefer to treadle with too since I can adjust the height. Some cabinets are a different heights, so having that chair helps.

vintagemotif 03-11-2012 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 5051560)
Charlee; Thanks for explaining this so very well to others who may not know both sides of the story. While I knew some of it, I didn't know how to explain it all. Thanks again.
Chris

Also, attention should be made that Billy himself could pose as another poster here (a different avatar poster), who got a wonderful service from Billy, even though that never happened. I do hope the Quilting Board is watching for those posts.

Glenn 03-11-2012 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5051398)
Thinking out loud....should I ignore your post that you so wish others to take note and contemplate or should I post my question. I'll post.

So, you post this instead????

So, why I ask?
Justify your post here, sometime I can be a bit naive. Never met the man, only know him from his posting here on Quilting Board. Why should he be afraid to post on this board?

I agree if he has nothing to hide why is he afraid to post on the forum. Did he not start it!!