Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Mizkaki 03-12-2012 03:51 PM

Candace,

We all take a leap of faith now and then because most of us believe that people are as a whole are to be trusted.
At least I know I do trust until proven wrong. You are the victim and should not be blamed.
I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5054485)
Just a clarification and a public answer to a PM I received. I'm not a complete idiot. I was referred to this person and he has had many past happy customers. Now there are some customers posting on the net they are in my same situation. I have a UPS record and a photo. I can't physically beat down his door and take my machine back since he is across the country. Why should I take "responsibility" for my actions???? What??? I'm the victim here.

Candace 03-12-2012 04:36 PM

THANK YOU, Cathy.

Did you see the collection being sold http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-DO...#ht_500wt_1221

It's not your house is it?:> I've heard you have quite the stable yourself. I hope I can get in your area one day and see your collection.

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5054699)
Candace,

We all take a leap of faith now and then because most of us believe that people are as a whole are to be trusted.
At least I know I do trust until proven wrong. You are the victim and should not be blamed.
I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Cathy

boxerlady 03-12-2012 04:47 PM

This weekend I picked up another vintage machine. From my research I belive it is a Singer model 66. From its serial number, it was produced in 1926. We plugged it in, the motor runs. We were thinking of parting it out, but I think we will keep it. I do have one question about this machine. Its carrying case is pretty rough and smelly, I have read about how to clean the cases to get the odors out. The unusual thing (at least to me) is that the case is labeled Necci. The machine is definitely a Singer, it fits in the case perfectly. Were the cases of this time interchangable?

Charlee 03-12-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5054688)
Yea, right, sure thing. Keep dreaming. VBG

"Life holds special magic for those who dare to dream"

There's a LOT of magic in my life!! :D :D :D

Mizkaki 03-12-2012 04:55 PM

Candace,

If I owned that collection, I'd sell my first born to keep it.
I'd love to have you come by sometime.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5054820)
THANK YOU, Cathy.

Did you see the collection being sold http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-DO...#ht_500wt_1221

It's not your house is it?:> I've heard you have quite the stable yourself. I hope I can get in your area one day and see your collection.

vintagemotif 03-12-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5054820)

I would love to know who owns that collection and why they are in hiding. From one of the photos there is a pennant on the wall for the Feather River Mudcats baseball team. That is north of Sacramento. The person has a beautiful collection!

Bennett 03-12-2012 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5054200)
I just put 4 pictures in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos page.

Its my newest machine. The 99-13 in it's case fits into the hole in the table. Or the case and machine can be removed and the table closed for use as a desk. I've seen these in pictures, but never been up close and personal.
I'm excited. I haven't test run her yet as I don't like the wiring. I won't have the time to rewire her until next weekend.

I like the desk set up; I haven't seen one like it before. Very nice!

miriam 03-13-2012 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by boxerlady (Post 5054852)
This weekend I picked up another vintage machine. From my research I belive it is a Singer model 66. From its serial number, it was produced in 1926. We plugged it in, the motor runs. We were thinking of parting it out, but I think we will keep it. I do have one question about this machine. Its carrying case is pretty rough and smelly, I have read about how to clean the cases to get the odors out. The unusual thing (at least to me) is that the case is labeled Necci. The machine is definitely a Singer, it fits in the case perfectly. Were the cases of this time interchangable?

Were the cases of this time interchangeable?
yes - as long as the hinges fit they are interchangeable.

I have 2 Singer 66s I bought for parts and they work so I won't part them. They sure are ugly even after a thorough clean up. No rust. Maybe they should get a repaint or something. Nah merit badges are a good thing. Seems like the more merit badges the better they work.

boxerlady 03-13-2012 04:41 AM

Thanks for the info. Like I said, the carrying case is rough, but I kind of like the roughness, you can tell it has been used, tossed around, etc. The machine is in decent shape. We did a quick clean up, decals are in pretty good shape, just worn where you would expect them to be worn. Will do a more thourough clean up today.

BoJangles 03-13-2012 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 5054200)
I just put 4 pictures in the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos page.

Its my newest machine. The 99-13 in it's case fits into the hole in the table. Or the case and machine can be removed and the table closed for use as a desk. I've seen these in pictures, but never been up close and personal.
I'm excited. I haven't test run her yet as I don't like the wiring. I won't have the time to rewire her until next weekend.

Cathy, great machine and cabinet! I love those little 99's!

Well, I was given two Singer 31's yesterday with one cabinet. The cabinet had the treadle wheel removed and electricity added. I really wish the wheel had not been removed as I'd like to set up the 31 as a treadle. I haven't been able to clean them up, check them out much. My neighbor delivered them last night so they got put in the garage, but it did appear one of the machine could work if I only had the treadle wheel! I will check them out today and post pictures. They are in pretty bad shape - came from as estate with lots of antiques! They were given to me for free - my first free machines! I only agreed to take them because the neighbor said they were upholstery machines, and I was thinking I could mend tack with them. I was hoping they were old leather machines, but they are 31s!

Nancy