Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 03-13-2012 10:50 PM

Hi Laura,
How's your never ending scrappy quilt coming along? I'm working on my PP state stars, moving slowly on them.

miriam 03-14-2012 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by MistyK (Post 5058610)
thanks. Definitely going to have to do the liquid wrench. I don't understand why anyone puts them in so tight that they can't be removed. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Thanks

I use a piece from a screw driver that fits in a socket and a box wrench to get the throat plate and feed dog screws out because of the space. Heat might help too. Those work loose if they aren't on tight. I've also had a very long screw driver ground to an angle - it was stolen.

jljack 03-14-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MistyK (Post 5058610)
thanks. Definitely going to have to do the liquid wrench. I don't understand why anyone puts them in so tight that they can't be removed. I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow. Appreciate the help. Thanks

Ask any and all questions on these machines....several people on here, including me, have 301s and have done work on them ourselves. Wait until you can sew on her...you'll love it!!

Candace 03-14-2012 08:04 AM

I know this is a long shot. But does anyone have a Pfaff 332 parts machine? I'm looking for the motor belt in decent condition. I simply can't and won't spend $49-$70 on a new belt:< I'm hoping to find a used one to bring the machine back to life. PM me if you have one:>

J Miller 03-14-2012 09:31 AM

Candace, can I ask a question without making you angry with me?

OK here goes anyway.

There are certain parts to a car or a sewing machine that it makes more sense to buy new than used. Belts, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and for the sewing machines, belts, needles, light bulbs and that kind of thing.

Yet I read your comments on how you'd would rather chance a used belt than buy a new one.
That does not make sense to me.
Maybe it's a guy thing, but if the machine was in otherwise good and useable condition I'd drop the coin and buy a new belt for it.
And I'm not well to do at all, I just don't want to do the job over again.

Joe

jljack 03-14-2012 10:17 AM

Candace, try here. They give dimensions of all the belts, so maybe you can find one that will fit. None appear to be $47. http://www.bohnwebdesign.com/statewide1.html#Belts

Candace 03-14-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 5059844)
Candace, try here. They give dimensions of all the belts, so maybe you can find one that will fit. None appear to be $47. http://www.bohnwebdesign.com/statewide1.html#Belts

Thanks, but the belt is special to Pfaff and has 84 cleats, which is a hard one to find.

Candace 03-14-2012 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5059727)
Candace, can I ask a question without making you angry with me?

OK here goes anyway.

There are certain parts to a car or a sewing machine that it makes more sense to buy new than used. Belts, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and for the sewing machines, belts, needles, light bulbs and that kind of thing.

Yet I read your comments on how you'd would rather chance a used belt than buy a new one.
That does not make sense to me.
Maybe it's a guy thing, but if the machine was in otherwise good and useable condition I'd drop the coin and buy a new belt for it.
And I'm not well to do at all, I just don't want to do the job over again.

Joe

I'm not angry, Joe. But, I'm also not rich either. And I'm not willing to spend $70 on a belt for a machine I paid $30 for. I do have emotional attachments to some of my machines, I admit. This one in not on that list. So, if I can't get a belt for it for a reasonable amount I will part it out. Some machines just don't make sense to repair financially. And donor machines are necessary or we'd all be out of luck looking for parts. These belts were very well made and I don't mind a used one.

Candace 03-14-2012 10:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my latest addition. It's a New Home made by Janome in Taiwan. It's model #352 and I couldn't find much info. on the net about it. It's a class 15 type. I was gifted this machine as I'm sure the owner couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I've spent over 2 hours on it cleaning, oiling and refurbishing. It needed light repair, the tension assembly had to be broken down and fixed and the bobbin case was broken. Luckily, I have another class 15 bobbin case I could use. It makes a nice straight stitch now and is fast little machine.

Mizkaki 03-14-2012 11:37 AM

Candace,

Is this the motor belt or the timing belt. The timing belt goes frim the upper shaft the the lower shaft?
Cleats indicates it is a timing belt.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 5059519)
I know this is a long shot. But does anyone have a Pfaff 332 parts machine? I'm looking for the motor belt in decent condition. I simply can't and won't spend $49-$70 on a new belt:< I'm hoping to find a used one to bring the machine back to life. PM me if you have one:>